Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timber (My Avatar) Has Cancer

Banned

any update Smoke??

Boolit Master
    Timber is 11 years and 4 months old. 11 to 12 years old is a normal life-span for his breed and size. We feel he's too old to have to go through the amputation and especially the chemo. We're leaning toward using diet, supplements, anti-inflammatories and pain meds to keep him around a little longer and as comfortable as possible, until he shows us it's time to say goodbye. Might be 3 or 4 months, but could also be only 3 or 4 weeks. I have an acquaintance who's a vet and I'm hoping she will agree to come to the house and do what needs to be done when the time comes.

Now that I've wiped some tears --- Most days are still good and even his bad days are still more good than bad. He got excited about a new snack today and started bouncing around; had to calm him down.

We got Timber when he was the size of a loaf of bread. Mrs. smokeywolf carried him in the same sling she carried our boys in when they were infants. Timber has never growled or even curled up his lip at anyone. Everyone loves him and he loves everyone. Can't count how many folks have taken selfies with him.

I will continue to update.

Thanks to all, for your caring, your concern and your prayers.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Over the decades I have lost many pets, never easy, my first pet was a cat that slept with me from 3 weeks old until I was sixteen. My next pet was a mixed dog that lived for many years and had to be put done because of cancer was all through him. I had a maine coon cat that had and attitude much like me that died when he had to have an operation and the vet feel asleep when he had to pass a hair ball and couldn't because he was still drugged up. The vet cried as much as I did. Hang onto your friend as long as you can you have a real bond with him and he with you.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

I feel the pain, it hurts, every time.....
    Be strong to your doggie, he feels what you feel.
    Give him the best, do what ever you can do with him.
    Make every day worth it.

2017 jan, I walked the whole pack, give him the medication.
    He give me an "goodbye" look.
    You think you can get used to it, sorry,no.
    That was number six, the allmost oldest boxer in Holland, 12 years and 8 months

I wish you and you're doggie all the best.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear about the assessment but what is best for your companion is what counts and you are “there”.

Prayers sent

Three44s

Banned

i wish i lived close by because his strict diet would include a lb of bacon at least once! Every time i come to this thread i tear up pal. It just reminds me of my last dogs last day (the one in my avatar) weve got a new chocolate now that's a bit over a year old but that last one was just one of those once in a lifetime dogs and theres more pictures of him in the house then there is our kids! Funny thing is the kids don't even mind because they were that close to him too. that rainbow ridge bridge is going to bring me right to him in a few years and if i know I'm dieing just that thought will make it much easier to except. Give him a good hug for me. Id pay 10k to be able to give old elmer just one more hug.

Boolit Master
    Timber has always eaten well. He has regularly eaten sardines, at least 6 lbs/week of regular and sometimes organic chicken and/or turkey, 4 lbs/wk of beef. He also has gotten, either mixed with his meat, or as snacks, shredded carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, apple, blueberry, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese.
    We've backed off on his fats and proteins a bit in the last few months and recently found out that flax seed is good for fighting cancer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-Timber_2015.04.10.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	219069
    On my recliner.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I don't know what to say. It brings back some old memories. This is the road that every dog lover must travel. Blessings
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Frosted Boolits

Thinkin' about you guys! Been down this road a few times. It's never easy.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Vendor Sponsor

Reading threads like this become painful for me as I have had several wonderful dogs pass.. Peace be with you my friend .. and hold onto the good memories of him
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 04-25-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    The comments and support I've received from you kind and gentle folk have made dealing with our situation just a little more tolerable. Mrs. smokeywolf and I are very grateful for your support.

- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I've been following this thread, but my first comment. When I see your Timber I'm reminded of our Bear. They are about the same age and I see the same look on their faces, one of love, trust, and companionship, all the best qualities they have to offer. What a blessing! I'm afraid we are coming to the end of a beautiful relationship as well. God's blessings on you brother. Bless Timber with happy days.

Nothing on can really say to facing this sort of loss that makes it any better. Our girl is now over 13 and has had a couple of tumors removed. Still enjoys life, manages to keep the younger pup in her place. The tumor on her leg left the skin tight which ended her agility career but bought her another couple years cancer free and without discomfort. The second tumor was mammary and a couple were removed it has been over a year since that. She is getting stiff when she gets up, limps a bit until she loosens up. Which as you know might be the cancer or could just be old age.

She still bounces when the leash get taken down to go to the park. So we will do what we can to make her comfortable for as long as she seems to enjoy life. No more surgeries. I think you are making the right choice about not getting an amputation. Letting her go is a tough way to have to show your love. May God grant you the strength the situation demands and give you comfort in doing right by Timber.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    Man this REALLY SUCKS!!

I have put down two dogs in the last 12 years and it made me cry like a wuss.

Will Rogers supposedly said “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went”
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Dogs pack more love into their short lives than most people do in their life!

Boolit Bub
    Hard to read all this without kind of tearing up. My girl LUCKY, Pit/Lab mix will be 10 this fall and has had 2 mast cell tumors and a carcinoma removed the last year and a half. All came out clean with no after effects and mostly invisible sutcher lines due to her vets skill but I worry about her most every day and check her often for lumps.
    I know where you guys are coming from!
    Pete

Boolit Master
    Roger, the words that stand out the most in your post are, "Still enjoys life". That is the most important thing. While I read your post, Timber was having a "puppy dream" (woof, woof, woof) while snoozing by the front door.
    When we had to put Sammy Attachment 219279 to sleep, it all happened suddenly. I cried off & on for a month or more. We're grateful that we can have some more happy times with Timber before having to say goodbye.

- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    We lost our 10 year old black mouth cur Winnie yesterday. Winnie had bone marrow cancer and went very fast. I pray for the best for Smoke because you cant find a more loyal friend than a good dog.

Boolit Buddy
    I meant to say Timber I am still in a fog. Sorry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast