Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for your civility!

Boolit Master

Thank you for your civility!

I have been on various gun forums since 1999 and have seen a sharp decline in civility and tolerance for Christian conservative ideals on a few of them the last few years. Cast Boolits has been almost completely free of personal attacks and it is refreshing.

The civility and respect for others here is reminiscent of the early gun boards which consisted of almost entirely conservative Christian gun owners.

Things are rapidly devolving on other popular sites and I just want to recognize this place as a haven for civility and helpful folks.

I can not speak for everyone here on the forum but it is nice to here such kind words spoken about this forum. and some of those forums you spoke about I have quit. thank you D Crockett

I still belong to GBO and this one, but I have quit all the others. I must say...I hang here mostly...and for the same reason you stated above. The people on this forum are tops. You people are very helpful. I see the trend for most forums going about 90% political and only 10% the reason I started on the forum...and that is for "all things guns". I'm not saying 2nd Amend. and politics aren't important, far from it...but it should not be the only things being discussed....it causes too much paranoia.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I can only agree, and thank the moderators!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Folks on behalf of the moderators thank you .
    Please if you get a mod In a post thank him personally, they work hard to be fair and totally unbiased in doing their job.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Folks on behalf of the moderators thank you .
    Please if you get a mod In a post thank him personally, they work hard to be fair and totally unbiased in doing their job.
    Well, then thank you, Jim!

I'm in full agreement with the OP, and this is the only forum I still visit.

I used to moderate a forum for a 3rd party router firmware group...its thankless...and time consuming. (and the pay sux...haha )

so...agreed...thanx, PreacherJim.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Well, then thank you, Jim!
    Ditto & to all of ya mods/admin.
    Kind of a thankless job at times I would guess, so Thanks! from me as well!

I am a member of more than one forum, but this one is one of the, if not the best & most active along with some of the most civil & polite folks I have run into for some time, compared to some others. As well as some of the most knowledgeable I have run across. There are some who like to "push the envelope a tad" on civility/politeness, but for the most part, everyone seems to have something to add & to do so without too much poking of others. There are mostly older, more mature members than some other places & while that lends itself to some being a little curmudgeonly on occasion, most of the time it is not. We all have a bad day sometimes, right?

Anyway, Thanks! to all for being polite & civil as ya can be, & willing to share what ya know. It is both refreshing & a good example for others to follow.

Here's to you all!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    I lean more to the other side of the political spectrum , moderate to liberal, but most of my friends are consertive. We just no not discuss politics that much and if we do we, agree to disagree but respect the others right to thier opinion. This I fully believe to be the American way and if all could embress this thought, discourse would be civil everywhere.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Ross View Post
    I lean more to the other side of the political spectrum , moderate to liberal, but most of my friends are consertive. We just no not discuss politics that much and if we do we, agree to disagree but respect the others right to thier opinion. This I fully believe to be the American way and if all could embress this thought, discourse would be civil everywhere.
    Amen!

Boolit Grand Master

I have to agree. There are a few sharp tongued guys that post but I think it is about the most civil site on the net. I still belong to a few other sites but I'm here more than any other place.

I am a member of several sites opn the interweb. Mostly though you'll find me here. Most of the other sites either aren't as active or like the OP said not near as civil as this one. I don't agree with some people here, but it's far easier to ignore and move on to the next post than get into an argument and tick someone off. After all, they might have the answer to your next question.
    Fairly new at this being in here, but I hope I can and try to contribute to it.
    Rob

Moderator Emeritus

This is the most welcoming and friendly gun forum I have found. The snarky comments in many are kept at bay here and that makes a huge difference!

Boolit Master
    Nice place to spend some time while not at the bench --- wait a minute?? why am I not at the bench????

Boolit Master
    Hi all.I agree.Thanks Jim.This IS a great site.Thanks to all for keeping it so.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Thanks Idaho45guy for starting this thread. It helps to remind us about how nice it is to hang our hats here while we enjoy our hobby. I want to thank the site owner for his guidance and leadership in setting the overall tone for this board. I also need to say a big Thank-You to the moderators for keeping the lid on the place. This is the only gun hobby place I visit when on the net. I find everything I need right here and I plan to stay as long as the management will let me. I have been reloading since about 1966-67 and casting since sometime in the 70s. I thought I knew a thing or two about it, but after coming here I found I didn't know squat. Many thanks to all for taking me to raise. I'm still learning.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	217713
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

I really miss Calvin and Hobbes.

In Remembrance

^^^^^+1 to all of what smokedturkey said.............except that I started reloading in '47, LOL.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast