MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Camera

Boolit Grand Master

Dash Camera

Anyone have one????
    Been thinking of getting one.
    Lots of really bad drivers, on cell phones, on the road here.
    I got rear ended a little while back.
    Stopped in traffic and BAM!!!
    Can pick one up cheap on evilbay. From china, of course.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Sounds like you need 2 one out back also

Boolit Master

I thought about it too,maybe put one on my Trike.If nothing else,just to record my ride.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

I have been driving with a G1W Black Box for 4 years. It has captured all kinds of events, such as burning a FedEx 18-wheeler on Rte. 80 in NJ on the way to work, a video of a red tailed hawk swooping down across the highway to grab a bunny in the grass in the median, & deer catapulting their way across my path. But my favorite is that I was stopped at a red light and it caught a woman on her cell phone flying through the red into the intersection and crashing into an 18-wheeler. The best was she lied to the cop about whose fault it was, but there was no contest with the video. It's set up to video as long as I have the ignition turned on and it runs in a loop of something like 6 or 9 hours. Video quality is 1080, which is better than most police car video. They're only about $65 on scamazon and plug into the cigarette lighter. They have a long enough cord to mount them front, back, and sides.

Moderator Emeritus

I think it is a good idea......dash cam has helped show, without any spin, what happens when police are on the scene....plus there are soooo many people that will speed past you and force their way in and then have to slam on the brakes.....I vote for one....we have been discussing getting one....IMHO
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

They should be and soon will be std equipment on every US car. It keeps folks honest or at least proves what happened.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned
    Extra insurance. I have a Garmin. It's really good for break checks and accidents in front of me.
    I wish I had one on the rear, maybe someday.

Boolit Buddy
    We used to have them in our bucket trucks. Most of us were ok with them until the company started handing out discipline every time you set it off. Thankfully we don't have them anymore.

Boolit Master

There are lots of good smart phone apps to turn your phone into a dash cam, all you need is a mount.

Boolit Master
    after dodging idiots on cellphones and the break checks we got one for my truck and the wife's truck. also works good for the fools that run up beside you and try to cut over when the lane ends. the stepsons company put them in all their trucks. with ins. rates what they are now I would not be with out one.

Moderator Emeritus

about a year ago, I was looking at them, and the many different options.
    I recall seeing one with cameras pointing front and rear, but same brain/recording unit.

I decided I don't drive/travel enough to warrant owning/dealing with one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

I wouldn't be surprised if some insurance companies don't start offering a discount if you have one. Along with the recorder in the newer cars it would give a very good idea of what happened. Most new cars have a recorder that records speed and other vehicles operating conditions in a loop of several minutes. This coupled with a camera timed together would be informative.

Boolit Buddy

Got one. Love it. Fits close to windshield. Watch your state laws. Some say nothing on the window but registration and inspection. Not even EZ pass.

Boolit Master

HP310. Excellent camera.

Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

Smart phones make poor dashcams. They overheat, the nand memory slows over time and is not replaceable, they're overly large for the job they do, they stress the mounts they are on and constantly get out of alignment. A small dashcam with a uSD card and its own mount do a better job.

My dashcam is out of production so I have no recommendation other than, get a good one. As in, not the $20 Amazon dashcam with a 90 degree FOV advertised as 135 degree.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master
    I need one. When I tow my travel trailer, I get folks who pass, and drop in front of me quite often.

Boolit Grand Master
    One I'm looking at has a camera for the rear.
    Forward looking one is the rear view mirror.
    Probably work for me because I have a camper on the truck.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Friend gifted me a cheap one; I would like a better one some day, it'd be good to have 360 degree coverage but not many of them do that. On YouTube there's a channel named something like "Idiot Drivers of the Pacific Northwest", I think the drivers he sees are SLIGHTLY worse than those around here, but maybe he just drives a lot. I see enough idiocy here, certainly. Right turns from lane # 3, for example, just random idiocy. Bad driving...

Boolit Master
    Just ordered the Black Box G1W-x from an EBay seller. $39.99 shipped.

Boolit Grand Master

For you Guys that have these, how do you download from them? SD card? Direct to you computer or phone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast