Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A question for you 10 mm users.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I had a extremely accurate Glock 20 and I didn't think the recoil was any different than my 1911's maybe a little snappy but nothing that the average person couldn't handle. Its a great round and I got rid of mine when I couldn't find any brass at a reasonable price. Wish I still had it.
    What do you call reasonable?

Boolit Master
    For brass you are doing it all wrong. You need to let a few guys who you know do not reload and have more money then brains shoot the 10mm. They then run out and buy one and a bunch of ammo to blow at the range. Then pick up their brass. That is how I got mine. That is how I got most of my less common brass. Oh and it helps if the range is at your house.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    What do you call reasonable?
    I made a profit so it was gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    For brass you are doing it all wrong. You need to let a few guys who you know do not reload and have more money then brains shoot the 10mm. They then run out and buy one and a bunch of ammo to blow at the range. Then pick up their brass. That is how I got mine. That is how I got most of my less common brass. Oh and it helps if the range is at your house.
    That is how I got all my 9mm and 40 cal brass. My 45acp is harder to find.

Banned

all inviting others to come and shoot with me ever did was cost me money!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    all inviting others to come and shoot with me ever did was cost me money!
    Usually I ended up furnishing the ammo. I hear ya.

Boolit Master
    Im still trying to establish what a reasonable price on brass is for a 10MM. New that is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    Im still trying to establish what a reasonable price on brass is for a 10MM. New that is.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-...MM-Auto-Brass/

I consider their prices to be reasonable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    like I said put the keyboard down and go and kill some game with them then come back with a real world opinion of there effectiveness. Reminds me of the guys who kill two deer with there 223 and claim its a very effective whitetail round. Come back at 20 and give a real opinion. Personally I kind of chuckle at the guys that bash the 10. It gets it from both sides. the 357 and 41 fan boys. Another thing is ive been involved in LOTs of penetration testing. At home, with my buddy and a number of times at the linebaugh seminars. Ive seen about all of them tested. First thing I will tell you is its a comparison not a test and not really even a fair comparison. Change the media your shooting into. Put a good sized shoulder bone in front to shoot through first. Use wet of dry news paper. All of it changes things drastically. One bullet that did exceptional in one testing setup can fall flat on its face in another. Ask anyone that's been at one of the linebaugh tests. I watched a couple 475s shooting 420s and 430s respectably and my 44 shooting a 340lfngc at 1300fps absolutely spank a 458 mag shooting solids. Now faced with a charging buffalo which would you choose???????? REAL WORLD my friend. Because your 357 travels farther in wet news print doesn't mean its a more effective killing round. Not unless your shooting paper mache animals.
    I have to agree with you Lloyd. Razor Dobbs killed two cape buffaloes with a 5 inch barreled Sig 1911 in 10mm. He had through and through penetration on both of them and was using, I believe, Sledgehammer hard cast. I watched it on video and can say I sure as hell wouldn't want to to it with a 357 Magnum revolver.

I have a long slide in both the Glock and the 1911. To me the Glock soaks up more of the recoil then the 1911. Someone mentioned a ported pistol, well they are much much louder then a non-ported one. If you can handle a 357 or 45acp, the 10mm isn't much different in recoil.

It's not real easy finding a holster for a long slide 1911!

Brass for the 10mm? There are tons of it by two members on the Trader Board and I've bought much of it...cheap! Yes once fired.

Boolit Master
    Starline for new, Diamond K for once fired - $17/100 I think.
    I lucked out, found once fired at local gun show - $10/100, bought 400.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234