WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: M1a point of impact

Boolit Bub

M1a point of impact

For those that have shot cast boolits in your M1a, I need your experiance. I have my rifle zeroed at 100yds with a jacketed 150gr. HPBT at 2700fps. After reading BruceB's sticky, I have my first load with a 150gr. cast boolit at what should be about 1850fps or therabouts. Without touching the sights which are set for the jacketed load, about where would my point of impact be in relation to the target when shooting at 50 yds? I am looking to at least be on paper so I don't shoot up my test loads just getting it close. Any help is very appreciated! Thanks----

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Regards
    John

Moderator Emeritus
    You should be on the paper. Just to make sure, use a bigger piece of paper ��

Boolit Bub
    John Boy, thanks for that link, I bookmarked that one, I will have to study it for a bit and learn how to use it. Garandsrus, ha ha---use a bigger piece of paper, I like that one. Really though, I thought I may be on paper, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the replies

Boolit Master

From my experience. The boolit will drop. Put on at least 400yd on the rear sight, had some move a bit to the left and right. I use a bigger piece of paper to see my hits on the first grouping. Save ammo and time.
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Master
    rhill,

I have two M1As and fired Match M14s when on my state high power rifle team. My M1As have different preferences and sight settings with my cast boolits. I cannot predict your boolit performance. A prior poster suggested my thoughts: Use a big target, use a notebook and have fun in the process. Even if you only have a few loads, your notebook will record impacts for future reference.

My several Garands also have different sight settings at 50, 100 and 200 yards here on my farm range. It is all fun and I can dial in whatever needs adjusting with my 50 yard impacts.

Adam