Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Perfect Powder Measure Lee -vs- Grain Weight

Boolit Bub

Perfect Powder Measure Lee -vs- Grain Weight

Everyone - I am new to reloading. I have a good ole Load Master that works pretty well. My question is this - do you follow the CC measurement on the Lee Powder measure Pro or do you follow the weight in grains? They are both pretty close, typically when you use the number from Lee for the powder measure it is light .4 to .7 grains. Which one should I use??

Weight is THE measure to go by.Some powders will throw more uniformly than others.If you need to ask this question I'd suspect you should spend some time reading an actual reloading manual.

Boolit Bub
    Yes, due to the approximate deviations of powder sizes, different lots, etc weight is the way I have been dispensing. I am starting loading a different rough and I went with the weight. Trail boss flows good and weights out very consistent.

Boolit Grand Master

I use an adjustable cavity measures, Belding and Mull, Lyman 55, Harrels, Dillion. One thing to realize is they all measure by volume not actual weight. Even on my RCBS Little dandies with bushings I check the weight they drop and if necessary adjust the closest one down to what I need. A couple layers of tape on the lee disks inside the cavity. an closed end bushings a small disk of paper or card board in the bottom, will adjust the volume down to where you want it.

Any measure when set up should be checked for actual weight weighing 10 charges or so. If real precission is wanted weight 10 charges and average to get the true mean weight. A powder measures accuracy is directly releated to solid mounting, and consistant operation thru its stroke.