Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Mauser 1914 32 ACP question

Boolit Master

Mauser 1914 32 ACP question

I recently got a Mauser Model 1914 .32 ACP that I have not fired yet. When I pull the slide back (with an empty mag in place), the slide locks open as it should, but when I drop the mag, the slide goes forward.
    It should stay open until a new mag is inserted. Any ideas as to why the slide releases when I drop the mag?
    I'm guessing it's the Ejector & Hold-Open Catch that isn't holding-open.

It looks like the Magazine Catch broke, making it too short to contact, and put pressure on, the Hold Open Catch. And Numrich is out of them.
    Last edited by Battis; 04-03-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    The hold device in the gun a bit worn or broken. Sometimes the hold open device can be dressed up with a Swiss file to work. Great little guns. A WWII vet gave me mine with a holster and spare mag since his son did not want it.

Boolit Grand Master
    That, IIRC, is how those are supposed to work. The magazine follower is the hold open device. Once it is removed, the slide has nothing to hold it back and goes forward.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I'm thinking that the magazine release extends up into the inside of the gun and puts pressure on the Hold Open Catch. It looks like the one on my gun is too short.

Does it have a slide release or are you supposed to pull the slide back to release it? I always wanted one of those pistols- they look so buisnesslike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    There is no slide release. From what I've seen (I haven't fired it yet), without a mag inserted, you pull the slide back and it locks open. When you insert the mag, it releases the slide and picks up a round.
    The problem with mine is that the slide will not lock open. I found the reason - the magazine catch extends up into the gun and holds the Hold Open Catch which keeps the slide back. When you insert the mag, it pushes the Hold Open Catch back and releases the slide. The mag catch is broken on mine, and of course no one has one.
    Part number 13 in the schematic
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...-pistol?page=2

I'm going to use a piece of flat spring stock to extend up from the broken mag catch. It should work.