Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Decent Scope for a Beeman R-7

Boolit Bub

Decent Scope for a Beeman R-7

Looking to put a scope on my Beeman R-7

Got any recommendations? Going to try and stay under 2 hundred bucks.

Thanks
    "It's a good day for something"

Have a Bushnell Banner on one and Trophy on another springer.Not broke either yet

Boolit Master

Get something withnan ajustable objective that'll focue down to 10m. I run lupies and B&L 4200 on springers with no problems.

These are both 4x12 AO....Airgun rated scopes

Boolit Bub
    Ok thanks, I have heard some bad things about scopes not rated for a springer. I guess the R-7 is not so violent?
    "It's a good day for something"

I know some people pooh pooh the Barska Air Gun Scopes but I put a 2-7 x 32 on my Benjamin Titan GP and it has lasted between 5 to 7 years until I upgraded last month to a 3-9 x 32 Barska Air Gun Scope ($67.00). I put several 500 count tins of pellets through that rifle with that first scope. I hope this one last as long as the first one did.

Steve...........
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member

The R-7 may not be a "magnum" but is still a springer.....you'll want an airgun rated scope.

I put a Leupold VX1 on my R1 which is about as violent a Springer as there is. I called Leupold prior to buying it to ask if it was good to go. They said any Leupold scope will live thru any springer.

I had a 1-4x Leapers Airgun scope that lived thru thousands of rounds on my Mini 14. The R1 killed it in 25 shots!

I had a Bushnell 4x .22 Rimfire scope on my HW35EB for 15 years and only took it off to go to Peep sights. It lived thru thousands of shots on that gun just fine, and if it croaked I'd be out like $30, never the less it lived thru it.

I have had a Burris 4x Airgun scope on my HW77 and it has been fine for 25+ years and never moved.

Go figure.

An R7 is powerful enough to kill a scope that can't take the push/pull recoil impulse. So you do need to do your homework, and I'd call Mfg's and ask if the product you're looking at can take it. If they don't say it will take it definitively, then find another brand. That Leupold scope I bought was $199.95 and worth every cent.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I bought one of the UTG Bugbuster 3X9 1" mil dot, illuminated,parralax down to 3 ' , 1/4' clicks resettable ,bright, clear very impressive scope for $80.00.Comes with decently made QD rings, 3" sun shade, good quality flip up scope covers, batteries .I know of no other scope that that comes close to competing for $80.00 I will be adding a few more for rimfires.
    https://www.amazon.com/UTG-3-9X32-Bu.../dp/B005UGIMNQ
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 04-05-2018 at 06:42 AM.

I bought 3 BSA springer rated scopes some 12 years ago . And they are still in use today after the springer's died or got sold off . At that time they were under $ 60 AO to 10 yards and clear .Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I bought one of the UTG Bugbuster 3X9 1" mil dot, illuminated,parralax down to 3 ' , 1/4' clicks resettable ,bright, clear very impressive scope for $80.00.Comes with decently made QD rings, 3" sun shade, good quality flip up scope covers, batteries .I know of no other scope that that comes close to competing for $80.00 I will be adding a few more for rimfires.
    https://www.amazon.com/UTG-3-9X32-Bu.../dp/B005UGIMNQ
    Randy: Thanks for reminding me, I have one of those too and I might just mount it to my new HW35E.

I forgot all about it. ****ed old age!

Randy Buchanan
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    You can buy a nice Hawke for under $200 not a high end one but I have a couple that are nice. With the size of the r7 the bug buster is a great fit and looks good on top.
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Mold

+2 on the BugBuster have several, light and good match..PeashooterJoe

Boolit Bub
    I put a UTG on my Gamo and like it - so far its been relaiable.

Boolit Master
    My HW95 springer uses a Hawke Airmax 3-9 with mil dots, no problems, I would always recommend a springer rated scope that also has mil-dots, because of very loopy trajectory on airguns. This scope retails for under $200.
    My TX200 and HW97 (both springers) carry Hawke Airmax scopes and I have had no problem with them.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just ordered a Nikon rimfire 3x9 BDC. 50 yard parallex. I called Nikon and was told they are air gun rated and internally the same as Thierry EFR version. It's crystal clear and not blurry at 10 yArds at 3x

Boolit Master

I wouldn't suggest leupold to anyone. They DO NOT stand behind their products and falsify where their products are made.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Check out Hawke Optics. They have a line of airgun scopes, that are of decent quality. They will be in your price range. Most airgun suppliers carry them. They run from $125-$800. I paid about $160 for a 4-12X40.
    Last edited by GBertolet; 05-04-2018 at 08:00 PM.