Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Noe 225/70 rn

Thumbs up Noe 225/70 rn

Hello from across the pond. I’m currently waiting for delivery of my second Noe mold. I have purchased an Noe 225/70/rn. I have been searching my Lyman cast bullet handbook and the internet for load data for this in .223 to no gain. Does anyone have experience of loading for this bullet and if so have they used either unique/ alliant 2400 or anything similar. As at the moment I load for a .357 Marlin and a k31 and have had good results with these powders. Any advice would be appreciated. Love the site. Keep up the good work.

Boolit Master
    Doonered, either of those powders will do the job for you, depending on what you are trying to achieve. I haven't shot anything that heavy (my heaviest mould casts up a 60 grain round nose). I'm assuming that's a gas check boolit and you are aiming at velocities in the low 2000's area? Or is this a plain-base and you need to keep under 1500 fps? Since you are in England I'm assuming you aren't trying to get proper pressure to operate an AR?

You were maybe a little short in the information you gave us...

Earlmck. Thanks for taking the time to reply. It will be a gas check bullet that I will pan lube. It’s going to be fired out of a Ruger American ranch bolt action. My cast 55gn are hovering around 2000fps using alliant 2400. and I’m hoping to be in that ball park with the 70gn mold. I’m using a 50/50 lead and Linotype mix with a bit of tin. that is giving me a bhn of 22. No leading and a pleasure to shoot. I also have ramshot exterminator and vit n140but I’m a bit wary of using those with cast bullets. Once again thanks for the reply.

Boolit Master
    That bullet didn't work out in my .222, in fact accuracy has been elusive in my .22 cfs......and best accuracy is down around 1500 fps for me.

Thanks MT. I’m testing a load between 10 and 10.5 grains of 2400 with lee 55 grain cast. It’s giving me between 1 and 2 moa but I’m hoping to improve on that. I hope that I can repeat that with the heavier bullet.

Boolit Buddy
    For the .222 try 8 grs. of 2400. That works quite well for me (on a good day).

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the forum Doonered.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Your 10.5 grains 2400 with the lighter boolit is a low-pressure load and using the same charge with the 70 grain boolit still produces a low-pressure load (25k psi or so says the QuickLoad). I'd be thinking of using similar charges of 2400 to those that are already working for you.

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve only just started casting. I am amazed by the amount of information available on this site and also how helpful the members are.

Thanks for the advice. I will try that as my first load and post the results when I’ve done it. Still waiting for the mold. According to tracking it’s currently winging its way to me from San Francisco.

Boolit Buddy
    that would also depend on the twist of the rifle