Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: KUDO's to Redding

Boolit Grand Master

KUDO's to Redding

I have posted about my pastor's 25-06 - and I did not have dies. I went to eBay and bought a set of old, broken as listed, Redding 25-06 dies in a cardboard box. When they arrived sure enough the decap pin and expander were broken off. I went to Redding's website and asked if parts were available for old dies. I got an e-mail back from AJ, a Redding engineer, asking for the exact writing on the dies so he could send me the right parts. Sure enough today a package from Redding arrived with the innards of the die and a couple extra decap pins. He was also nice enough to clear up a confusion on my part about the length of the neck and send me the SAMMI description of the cartridge.

I have never had Redding equipment before, all Hollywood, Bair, RCBS, Lyman, Hornaday, and Lee. I might have to change that.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I have a T-7 and three tool heads with several Redding die sets, all first class and no problems. Glad to hear your positive experience.

Boolit Master

I have had the same excellent service from Redding also. I bought a set of .45acp dies that had the SEC, RN seating stems and I decided several years alter that I was going to load some WC bullets to give them a try. I called Redding and explained what I intended to do and that I needed to buy a WC seating stem. Nothing doing, I would have a new WC stem in the mail tomorrow and sure enough, it arrived in the mail 2 days later with a bill that read NO CHARGE and thanking me for buying Redding dies. You can't beat that with a stick, james

Boolit Buddy
    Its always nice to hear of companies standing behind their product

Banned
    I have some Redding gear and it is TOP NOTCH.
    I would rank it slightly above RCBS.

It has been years (like pre-internet days when you would write a letter and mail it) since I needed any Redding parts but I never had a problem with the company.

Boolit Master
    i know that ALL Redding equiptment is made in USA. NOT so with other (RCBS) makers. don't know for sure about Hornady and Lyman. so, i don't buy RCBS any longer. and Redding is the best in quality of products.

Super Moderator

I have had excellent service from Redding too. My 30 Carbine seating die was for a round nose (like its supposed to be). I was using the Lyman 311359 which is a pointed boolit and the noses were getting deformed. I explained to them what was happening, and they sent me a new seating stem compatible with that boolit at no charge. Their products AND service is second to none.

Redding has been a class act for many years.

Boolit Master
    Redding is about as good as you can get, I have their 'S' full-length bushing dies in 223 and 308, using the 308 also for 303 Savage and 30-30 neck sizing. Their Competition shellholders allow precise adjustment for full-length sizing (+.002 to +.010) without fussing at trying to screw a die in/out another .002 thousandths. They are also one of if not the best at custom work.

One of the dumbest things I ever,"didn't" do;

We were up in N.Y. at a then new,$$$ lumber mill.A buddy is a playa in the hardwood industry.Anyway,wasn't till a year or so later,found out we were within a cpl miles of the Redding factory, should've could've done a tour of their facility, DANG IT.

Boolit Bub
    I bought a set of Redding dies for my 6.5 Rem Mag a while back, brand new. While trying to seat bullets, I couldn’t get the proper adjustment. I called in to ask about it, or if I needed a new seating stem. The conversation lasted a long while simply talking about the old rifle and the rare cartridge. By the end of our conversation, he had found a different length plug and simply needed my address! He didn’t it all while slowly gathering what he needed via our conversation. I offered to pay, knowing it wasn’t there fault there are so many cartridge and bullet combinations. The gentleman said to me, “No charge. It’s our way of saying thank you and we appreciate it.”

Since then, I always look for Redding equipment when searching for items I need.