Inline FabricationGraf & SonsRotoMetals2StainLess Steel Media
ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 3800 USD (63%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifles that span two centuries

Howdy Fellers
    I have a 71/84 Mauser That I would be willing to sell .

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Ed View Post
    Howdy Fellers
    I have a 71/84 Mauser That I would be willing to sell .
    Post it up on swapping and selling complete with pictures and let us look at it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Olde guns are cool. I have several that have been in my family for well over 200 years. My great great great (whatever) ancestor came to the “new world” as a civil engineer and helped surveyed the roads in Jamestown. He liked the country so well he stayed........and my family has been here ever since! (Does that make me a “native” American?????? Probably more than Liz Warren!) It is a nice feeling to handle a firearm that you know your ancestors hunted and fed their family with. Now I just go to the grocery store!!!!!!

Bangerjim

Boolit Master
    My oldest is a Nepalese Gahendra 577/450 next I have 3 1898 krags that I still shoot and 2 P17's that make the 100 year old club .

I planned on doing that, just testing the waters

Boolit Master
    I just got a Marlin 1893 breakdown in 30-30. It is a family piece that I finally pried out of my older brother's grip. From the serial number it was made in 1897 which makes it 120 years oldClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin Closeup In Case.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	220061 I need to get the case restored, the rifle looks new. I'm storing the Marlin put together and out of the case. The picture is how it came from my brother.

Boolit Master
    Peabody carbine in 56-50 rimfire maybe one of these days get converted to centerfire, 1875 Swedish rolling block sporter in 8x58r haven't done anything with it yet. 1878 Swiss Vetterli nice bore but has corrosion in the throat. 1888 Commission rifle in 8mm, one 1891 Argentine mauser carbine, one 1898 Krag sporter. Don't know what it is with the old firearms but when holding them cannot think about who held them many years ago. Think I have an addiction to them. Frank

Boolit Master
    Why is everyone talking about rifles that span three centuries? Guns made in the 19th century are now working on their third century. I AM NOT COMPLAINING.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    Those are some nice vintage rifles to go and shoot from time to time.

My oldest is probably my .43 Egyptian Rolling block rifle. But I need to fix the buttstock before I think about shooting it. My other oldie is a 1888 Gewehr rifle made in 1893. It has the S stamp mark so it would work with standard low power 8x57mm Mauser ammunition. Then I have a 8x60R Kropatschek rifle which was made in 1886. It is shootable, but I haven't made any ammo for it yet. My Japanese Type 30 Training rifle was converted from a regular one, so it might count as a oldie now too, since they were made before 1900 too.
    Earlwb,
    You need to get the Krop shooting! I have a 8x60R Kropatschek and it is one of the nicest rifles to shoot-at the moment I use a Lee .338 mold that I size down to .332 and use 11 grains of Unique for 100 yard targets, it seems to work nicely.
    Also have a MH MkIV from 1886 that always puts a smile on my face and an old fowling shotgun with a Damascus barrel that I dare not shoot as the barrel looks a bit thin in places. Hope to get a Snider when the funds (and the wife) permit.

Boolit Master
    My oldest, working, firearm, is a DWM 1891 Argentine Engineers Carbine in 7.65x53. Still has the Crest of Argentina on the receiver, and no import marks. Great bore, and relegated to cast shooting only. Made in 1899. Spans 3 centuries now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12