Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise hereGraf & Sons
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationStainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Pro Melt 2 - And the Sale That Never Was...

Boolit Mold

RCBS Pro Melt 2 - And the Sale That Never Was...

Like some others here, I've been awaiting the arrival of the RCBS Pro Melt 2. My morning routine for the last couple of months, after putting fresh splits in the woodstove and putting the makings on for coffee... has been to wander over to the tab in my browser sitting on Midway's site.

A quick refresh of the page... and the pretty, green picture of the yet-to-be-seen Pro Melt 2 stares back at me, along with the Coming Soon and Est. In-Stock: Overdue teaser tags.

A couple weeks ago there was a further tease. Midway suddenly displayed a sale price, knocking forty-odd bucks off the normal $269.99. You still couldn't order it, the Add to Cart button being grayed-out. But at least it prompted a thought that not only might we be getting close, but we'd be getting a bargain, to boot. For two weeks that tease held.

Alas. This morning the sale-that-wasn't is no more.

One wonders what in the world Midway was possibly thinking. I'm less and less inclined towards the new RCBS Pro Melt. And even less inclined to buy it from a shop that plays such games.

Boolit Master

I gave up , I have a lee 4/20 that works fine , but with the little darlings approval I began looking for a new pro melt just to discover they were no longer available . Than I began waiting for the new pro melt 2 - still not available , so I picked up another 4/20 just so I wouldn't have to change my mix .

I too gave up and ordered a Lee 4-20. I bought a thermometer as well and call it good.
    Posted on another thread.http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-order-for-me

Boolit Bub
    I talked to RCBS and they told me they had them there but had to do product testing on them, that was a month ago. You would think after all this time they would be able to get that done but nope. I bought the Lyman 25 pot with the PID and it works great after making a new tray to fit my NOE and Lee molds.

Boolit Bub
    I just checked and their sale price is now gone and its at $269, how can they have something on sale that they never "sold" makes no sense.

Boolit Master

I can advertise them at $1.00 as long as I don't take any orders. They aren't shipping even at $269.00.
    It appears they want you to keep coming to their site in hopes of finding them available.
    Maybe sometime in the not terribly distant future.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Bub
    Thats the same thing that Harbor freight settled a lawsuit over, advertising something at a sale or comparable price when they havent sold a item at that price for the last 28 days, and Midway has not sold one obviously at the lower price.
    http://www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com/faq#

I bet they become available next week now that the price is raised

Boolit Master

interesting info about HF settlement

what really caught my eye was the $10 million lawyers' fees
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN War Games, 2nd Place

I like others have been doing the same, checking the Midway site, "Just For The PM2". Alas !!!, not to be !!!. Along with the departed Sale Price, RCBS's Rebate took a powder, also. My thoughts were get a PM2 for $230, add a couple of other RCBS items, kick it up to $300 and get the $100 Rebate, but Alas again, it was not to be !!!

Boolit Master

After the Lyman China pot debacle
    How can any sane person be surprised at the RCBS China debacle
    "Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
    James. C. Henderson

Boolit Master
    I have the Lyman Mag25.It works.I like it.The mold rest works fine for me because I use Lyman,RCBS and Saeco molds.I also have a Lee 4-20 and a Lee 10 pound bottom pour.They work just fine as well.The RCBS melter will probably go thru the same problems the Mag25 had when it becomes available unless RCBS does a lot of testing before releasing it.

Boolit Master
    The RCBS Easy Melt has been released.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...RCBS-Easy-Melt

Had mine for about a week. Don't know what's the hold up on the Pro-Melt 2.......just a bottom pour version of the Easy-Melt.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    I stopped watching and built my own PID controller for the RCBS Pro Melt I have now.

Good move, you've now got the best of both worlds!

Boolit Bub
    Looks like they are in stock now.

Boolit Master

amazon has them listed as in stock in both versions, the dipper model and the mold model
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Bub
    Yes, looks like that is Midway selling them on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    amazon has them listed as in stock in both versions, the dipper model and the mold model

Boolit Master
    My Lyman mag 25 pooped out last night. It probably won't be a hard fix, but I went ahead and ordered a PM2 from midway yesterday. If I did the Lyman I will have two nice pid equipped pots.

The Lyman was very consistent on temp and control but it was super drippy at times, and I never used anything but pre-smelted and fluxed lead in it.

Midway said it should be here on wednesday.

Boolit Master

buy it a Brownells for cheaper with free shipping and a lifetime warranty.

Boolit Master
    Last time I bought from brownells it took them 4 weeks to get me a sight blade kit and it was missing parts at that.

It's also a preorder at brownells and not in stock. Midway already has a 15.8 pound package on the way to me, and several other experiences tell me I would have my midway order in hand well before brownells even ships. They've gone downhill fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast