Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reloading .25 ACP???

Boolit Buddy

I believe you'll find a brass catcher is a valuable addition to your shooting equipment. I load 32 ACP and would have lost most of my brass without the catcher.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freischütz View Post
    I believe you'll find a brass catcher is a valuable addition to your shooting equipment. I load 32 ACP and would have lost most of my brass without the catcher.
    This would be most distracting to me. Although I can see how it would save brass.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ncbearman View Post
    This would be most distracting to me. Although I can see how it would save brass.

It'd be even worse if adjusted to where my .380 throws the brass (almost perfectly over my right shoulder). And Photoshop in a tiny .25 pistol, and it gets downright silly. Then again, if it lets you reload instead of paying $18 a box for factory .25 ACP rounds, I bet you could get used to it...

I've seen small deflectors that mount under the right grip -- they don't catch the brass, just ensure it falls at the shooter's feet instead of scattering over a space like a golf course tee box. Don't recall who made them, and it's been a long time since I saw the little squib article, but I bet I could make one from sheet metal to fit my GT-27...

Banned

Grab your minnow net and what ever gun is around, put them both in your hand at the same time and bang.............you have a new product. Can you say "Pet Rock". I missed the boat again.

Tarps.................if I get back 60 or 70 percent I'm happy. Besides, that way I will have to buy more in the S7S section here. Right?

Boolit Buddy
    I had no idea that minnie mouse shooters were subject to such ridicule, but since my newly acquired Jetfire shot Remington factory ammo well enough, a Midway order for dies will happen shortly.

P.S. I recovered 47 of 50 from the first box, but that may have just been beginner's luck.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Quote Originally Posted by tejano View Post
    I had no idea that minnie mouse shooters were subject to such ridicule, but since my newly acquired Jetfire shot Remington factory ammo well enough, a Midway order for dies will happen shortly.

P.S. I recovered 47 of 50 from the first box, but that may have just been beginner's luck.
    Either luck or really good eyes! I usually recover 25 ACP's at a rate of 1 case every 2 mags, but I'm shooting in grass. I finally bought a tarp to catch my brass, I never liked any of the brass catchers I've seen.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I bet you can improve your find rate by choosing a load that doesn't fling 'em as far. My usual .32 Auto practice load for the Kel Tec deposits most of them close to each other about seven feet to the right. 0verkill, does Raccoon really have its own PD?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Well they did, until the whole city was nuked by the U.S. Govt. back in '98.

As to the flinging, my little 25 throws them almost sstright up. The last round actually hits my hand sometimes (always the last round for some reason).

Boolit Buddy

You can buy or make a brass catcher that sits on the shooting bench rather than attaches to your wrist or the gun. That's what I use. However I do know several people that use a catcher that attaches to their wrist, and they are happy with them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I'll Make Mine View Post
    Honestly, for .25 ACP, a Lee Classic Loader is about as good as anything you'd mount on a press. I've done it (a few rounds only) with the Lee, works well if you have the right bullet (a minimum weight .257 rifle bullet isn't it).

What you'll find the hardest is getting the powder into the case consistently -- it's a small charge by any standard, the case mouth is small, and the case is too short to use the usual reverse taper powder funnel easily. One solution is to cut the spout short on a reverse taper funnel, but you still have to find a way to stand the brass that will keep it from tipping if you bump the loading bench, but won't keep the funnel too high and allow powder to drop alongside, instead of inside the case.

Then there's finding your brass -- I've considered many times making a shooting glove with a built-on brass catcher for use with .25, .32, and .380 auto pistols. Never gotten around to it; probably would have if I'd shot my pocket pistols more (and likely would have shot 'em more if I could recover the brass well enough to reload).
    You can cut off a 223 cartridge case just past the web in the base of the shell and use that for a powder funnel in a .25 acp case, also to flare the case to start in a cast bullet. PM

I have both the colt 1908 vest pocket and colt (astra) junior 25. I like the hammer on the (astra) Colt and better sights. I lucked out finding a NOS Lyman mold for this gun. RCBS dies. I was worried that I didn’t have a sizer for the cast bullet but they load and shoot fine as cast. I simply can’t use a loading block so about 1/2 box( cases) just sit on the loading bench and I move them after completing a stage. Too cheap to pay $25 per box of 50 for factory. I am lucking if inshoot either gun more than once a year but I have over 100 handguns. Absolutely, if you have no preference between 25 auto and 22LR in a mousegun, pick the 22LR. Oops, I use a 22 short case for a powder scoop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345