Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our government in action

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Our government in action

Last year I bought a 1 and 2 gallon gas can at Walmart . It's the first 'new' style 'SAFTY" gas cans I have bought . They were pure junk and a torment to use . Have to stand there 10 min while this thing strangled , gurgled and choked to put out a pee size stream of gas . I was tormented all summer by them .

I got money says it took 200 college educated idiots a year to engineer these screwed up pieces of trash . I'd like to see the statistics as to see how many lives have been saved by forcing us to use these things .

I unscrewed the spout off and with a screwdriver ripped the flapper out of the bottom then pulled a spring and rod out . It turned it old style and just took a min . I'll has to find a cap to go over the end of the spout but I don't see that hard to do .

.................................................. ..............end of rant .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy
    There is a thread in outdoorsman section here about kits the thread and is, 5 years of gas can hell

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...4-Prepper-Talk

Boolit Master

Boaz!!! It was saving us all, we're doomed... I'm pretty sure it was to also help keep the fuel from evaporating and polluting the air too!!! Next time look at your favorite online seller for water can replacement spout, comes with a handy and easy to install air valve so the gas, I mean water won't glug glug out but come out fast and easy like the ol'days!!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Be careful you are about to have an army of federal employees from epa homeland security FBI and since gas has chemicals in it the dea like a swarm of locust. They may be over head with drones and black helicopters as I write this. All for your own good. Oh lord now that I warned you they are probably coming for me too.

Boaz if your spout is the same size as the one I had to put a cap on that is a easy fix go get a pvc end cap it worked for me D Crockett

Boolit Buddy
    I bought some conversion kits off Ebay. Drill a 1/2 inch hole at the top and install a push in vent and a new nozzle with cap.

Boolit Master

I am cherishing my old cans that I have had for 20 or so years. I will confess to drilling out several of those water saving aerators that they have to put on all the faucet sets just to save a few minutes filling up the coffee pot.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Bub
    I just ordered a 20 pack of the vents you can add on. I am starting over on gas cans after someone stole everyone I owned and the gas in them. They took them out of my garage. Boaz If they would help you I can send some to you once I get them in. cost almost identical wether I bought 1 or 20. Supposed to be here 1 to 2 weeks. I do not have the replacement spouts but I am hoping that the vents will be enough to get me by for now.

Boolit Master
    I have a water bottle on the end of mine,works great
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

I saved the spouts off the old cans as the plastic failed(Minnesota cold/hot cycle cracks them eventually... I have one new style, looked today and it is collapsed because you can't vent it unless the cap is loose). Hate those new press and hold this lever thing and use this spout 6 inches long to try and fill my lawnmower that holds 5 gallons of gas. Always spilled and made a mess so the spout was tossed then I turned it into mulch when I ran over it mowing LOL I was at my wits end with it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear View Post
    be careful you are about to have an army of federal employees from epa homeland security fbi and since gas has chemicals in it the dea like a swarm of locust. They may be over head with drones and black helicopters as i write this. All for your own good. Oh lord now that i warned you they are probably coming for me too.
    Funny! ( but in these times ya never know, do ya?. )
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lancem View Post
    Boaz!!! It was saving us all, we're doomed... I'm pretty sure it was to also help keep the fuel from evaporating and polluting the air too!!! Next time look at your favorite online seller for water can replacement spout, comes with a handy and easy to install air valve so the gas, I mean water won't glug glug out but come out fast and easy like the ol'days!!
    500 times more goes into the air from spills out of those lousy designs than ever got lost to evaporation from the old cans.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Imashooter,kidding aside.... that's the sad part.

Boolit Grand Master
    The story I've heard about gas cans.
    I think the company was Blitz.
    They got sued by some idiot, that poured gas, from the can, into a fire. The flame went up the pour, can exploded, and he got badly burned.
    The government claimed the can was a faulty because it could explode.
    It cost them $2.5 million to win the case. But they still had others suits to deal with.
    On top of that, the liability insurance rate went sky high.
    I think they are now out of business.
    The solution for other gas can makers, was to redesign the spout so it would only pour when pushed into a spout, and pressing a lever at the same time.
    Thinking was that both hands were used, but three hands were needed to pour without pushing into a spout.
    It's suppose to be some kind of flame arrester.
    It didn't work.
    In 2015 another lawsuit was filed, by another idiot that poured into a fire.
    This time Walmart was also named in the lawsuit.
    I may not be the brightest person around, but I'd think anyone with half a brain would know NOT to pour gas, from the can, directly into a fire.
    To me, that is just plain stupid. And stupid should not entitle you to any reward.

Boolit Master

Are these new gas cans called, "Save the idiot" gas cans?
    But as it always seems to happen, a smarter crop of idiot emerges to defeat any safety devices the government mandates.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    A bit pricey but built to last a lifetime in residential usage, I bought an Eagle type 1. Made in US of A too!

Boolit Master

Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 3 of those eagle cans, they work great

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anthont1 View Post
    I just ordered a 20 pack of the vents you can add on. I am starting over on gas cans after someone stole everyone I owned and the gas in them. They took them out of my garage. Boaz If they would help you I can send some to you once I get them in. cost almost identical wether I bought 1 or 20. Supposed to be here 1 to 2 weeks. I do not have the replacement spouts but I am hoping that the vents will be enough to get me by for now.
    anthhont1 I sincerely appreciate the offer but I'm going to have to buy several new gas cans for my shop , we run torpedo heaters during the winter using diesel and keep several gas cans . I'm going to have to buy several so wouldn't put that on you but I thank you for the offer .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Banned

If you live in a Pink State you may not be able to get these, but gets us right back where we started. Works well as you might expect as it is low tech like the old days. BTW, thank California for these new eco-cans. We were forced to use them years ago

http://ezpourspout.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast