Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Good Friday

Good Friday

Yesterday, I had permission to take some clients to Good Friday service at a Roman Catholic church nearby. I took a van full of men who had signed up. Although I am not a Catholic myself, I found the service very moving. We teach that recovery is a spiritual process, and I thought it important that they had this opportunity. On the way back to the house, I thought about the work I do, compared to the work God does, and I realized that today was very important for a group of broken hurting men.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

"today was very important for a group of broken hurting men."

A path we all take at one time or another.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Attending the 6:00 service today with my fiancé and her daughter.

My first Easter as a Christian.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

Bless you, brother.
    Wayne

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you for the work you do and your caring Wayne . Ronnie's daily thought and meditation post today is part of dealing with the work you do and can be challenging .
    No turning back , No turning back !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    Bless you, brother.
    Wayne
    Amen .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

With a lump in my throat I say PRAISE THE LORD!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I'll echo both the lump and the praise, EMC45. And dverna, for the very first time, you will, through the Spirit now in you, experience the true meaning of Easter. This was for YOU - personally - and planned before the world was created! "
    10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
    11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." Philippians 3: 10 & 11
    All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery - Jonathan Swift
    You have enemies? Good, it means you've done something with your life - Winston Churchill

Boolit Grand Master
    Update....

Near the end of the service, the pastor asked anyone who had accepted our Lord since last Easter to come to the front and walk across a small bridge that had been erected. At the entrance to the bridge there were two stacks of cards.

The white cards were for those who had accepted Christ this year but still had questions. The red cards were for those who had accepted Christ and had no doubts.

I took the white card. When I crossed the bridge, I was met by members of the church and warmly greeted and congratulated. I was told someone would reach out to me and help me work through the questions I still have. It was a very moving moment for me.

After the service, a few members I have come to know came to me. There were handshakes and hugs. I am blessed to have found this church.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

All praise to God!

Moderator Emeritus

WR, your posts always touch me. Thanks. Far too many "Christians" are satisfied to just put folks like these down, and walk away with their noses in the air. It's men like you who extend yourself toward helping the most downtrodden among us, that I find most inspiring. There's a lady who volunteers at he thrift store my wife manages, who is old, fat, and hasn't got a number of her teeth. But she is one of the happiest and most cheerful people I know, and it's all because Christ is genuinely within her heart every minute of every day. I learned long ago now, that there's a LOT more to those folks, and a lot more to their stories, than most folks even WANT to find out about. It's so easy to condemn folks like that, and walk off but Christ never turned his nose up at ANYBODY! I think we can all learn a lesson from that, if we just would.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    WR, your posts always touch me. Thanks. Far too many "Christians" are satisfied to just put folks like these down, and walk away with their noses in the air. It's men like you who extend yourself toward helping the most downtrodden among us, that I find most inspiring. There's a lady who volunteers at he thrift store my wife manages, who is old, fat, and hasn't got a number of her teeth. But she is one of the happiest and most cheerful people I know, and it's all because Christ is genuinely within her heart every minute of every day. I learned long ago now, that there's a LOT more to those folks, and a lot more to their stories, than most folks even WANT to find out about. It's so easy to condemn folks like that, and walk off but Christ never turned his nose up at ANYBODY! I think we can all learn a lesson from that, if we just would.
    Thanks; I was a lot more judgmental before, but then I got myself some hard won humility. Still working on that.

Wayne

Moderator Emeritus

Yep. Me too, if it matters. Jesus ain't through with us yet!