Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Sunday Dinner

Boolit Grand Master

Easter Sunday Dinner

In this part of Louisiana it's common to boil seafood .
    The crawfish are becoming plentiful , blue crabs are available but the crabs will get more plentiful in a few months. The white shrimp season is in full swing so that's what we're going to boil.
    White Shrimp , smoked pork sausage , new potatoes, corn on the cobb , whole heads of garlic and boiled eggs all go into a big pot of boiling water seasoned with quartered lemons (from my lemon tree) , all three types of Zatarians Crab Boil : liquid concentrate , cloth bags of spices and their dry packaged complete mix.
    After everything has boiled, steeped and soaked up the seasonings, the basket is removed from the pot , the contents drained for a minute and all the food is poured out onto a table , it's a wonderful seafood feast...
    The following recipe is for a Remoulade type sauce , we use it to dip the shrimp in , I like it with the sausage and potatoes. It really shines as a dressing for a shrimp salad.
    Boiled shrimp on shredded lettuce with this as the dressing, garnish with tomato wedges , chopped boiled egg and a little green onion.

Gary's Remoulade Dressing / Dipping Sauce
    1 cup Hellmans Mayo ( or your favorite )
    5 tablespoons Durkee Famous Sauce (www.durkee.com to locate it)
    2 tablespoons good olive oil
    3 tablespoons mustard ( regular, brown or honey as you like) I like honey mustard
    1/2 cup (8 tab.) ketchup ( I like more so use 12 tab.)
    3 teaspoons (1 tab.) red wine vinegar
    3 teaspoons ( 1 tab.) Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins)
    3 teaspoons (1 tab.) Crystal Hot Sauce (or your favorite)
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1 teaspoon sweet paprika
    1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning ( or your favorite)
    4 tablespoons finely minced green onion
    4 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
    Blend everything in a large bowl, taste adjust seasonings, mayo and/or ketchup to your taste.
    Let stand in refg till chilled ( 1 hour) and serve. Store in a airtight container.

This is our dinner plan for Easter Sunday.
    May the Lord Bless You and Keep You All .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    We are having smoked beef brisket, sour cream potatoes, fresh asparagus, green bean/onion ring casserole, home baked rolls, and cheese cake for Easter!

Hope all of your eat well. And remember WHY we celebrate Easter!!!!!!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Directions and address please!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Banned
    we have honey cured ham, 7 layer salad, and deviled eggs

Banned
    This year we aren't going to have the usual 20 people over and it will be just the wife and me. Two New York Strip steaks thick cut with baked potatoes frozen corn and desert. Nothing fancy.

Every year, ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans. In this part of PA pretzel salad is the law. It's made with red jello and some other stuff (It's better than it sounds.)
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master

As usual, the whole family and some friends are coming and the feast is ready. This is truly a special ocassion. If you can't fill up on your favorite, you forgot to bring it to my attention. God has truly provided the way and the fellowship to prove it.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    Every year, ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans. In this part of PA pretzel salad is the law. It's made with red jello and some other stuff (It's better than it sounds.)
    Wayne
    And pretzels ?
    Reminds me of my youth when the big food thing was Jello. My Mom and Wife still make some type of Jello Salad for the holidays.... "The Joy of Jello" was a cookbook with noting but recipes that involved Jello , I still enjoy all the Jello salads . My mother in law made a mean shrimp mould appetizer , when Jello discontinued their "celery flavored " Jello she stopped making it....Celery flavored Jello...I'm sure that was a huge seller for them !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 03-31-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

It was 18 this morning and an inch of snow for the grandkids Easter Egg hunt. Running the smoker is out with temps that low so we will go with Ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies and rolls.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

We have a friend of my wife's coming over for dinner. Marinaded pork chops on the BBQ, with baked baby potatoes, pickled beets, and a side salad ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy
    I am headed up to the daughters and grandkids. Ham potatoes and a bunch of other things everyone is bringing something

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Just the 2 of us, kids done run off to N Carolina couple of years ago.

So it was a Dungeness crab, biscuits, and a fruit cup for desert.

We did the crab picking in the kitchen for easy cleanup. Melted butter and garlic in a small glass dish and sort the meat into the butter. 30 seconds in the microwave while the biscuits melted the butter and we ate like kings.

Love seafood, don't see enough of it up here in Fargo ND but we have a plan for that.

Just the son and I this Easter. Take it easy and relax my mind for the day. Maybe do something in the shop or reloading room.

Moderator Emeritus

Chicken breast stir fry... just myself this year so no need to cook...

Boolit Master
    I'm not the cook but we are having prime rib and a bunch of other stuff. Mary you can come over if you want I live one mile from montana you might want to leave as soon as possible.

Put a 13lb boston butt on the smoker early this morning..... It's pulled and in the fridge now, finally. Long day....but I love doing it, and it makes for some really good eats. Lump hardwood charcoal and pecan wood for the smoke...it really doesn't get much better. We'll have that for Easter dinner, along with quite a few more traditional 'fixins'.

He Is Risen!

God Speed....Trails.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master

The feast is almost ready, and family and friends are enjoying an egg hunt. Quite a few young ones already home from early service. It surely brings joy to hear grandchildren laughing and enjoying each other.
    My task is setting the tables up in the freshly cleaned garage and making coffee.
    It's a great 60+ degree day with bright sun and only an occasional wisp of cloud.
    Thank You, God, for the reason for joy and friends to share it with.
    Thank
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I'll probably eat a Honey bun, drink and energy drink, and smoke a Marlboro. Hat life.

In Remembrance
    gwpercle, That is pretty much exactly how we boiled crabs, shrimp and crawfish, when I lived down in that country. Just reading that recipe brings back memories, makes my mouth water and makes me wonder what became of my big pot.

I still say there is no better corn on the cob or new potatoes, as those cooked and spiced like that.

Boolit Master

Had a chuck roast that cooked for 4 hours in the cast iron Dutch oven with mashed potatoes and green beans and rolls. My stomach is tight now. The wife outdid herself.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast