Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smokes pc powder

Boolit Master

Smokes pc powder

I just started to PC again after a year or two break.
    Wanted to PC some cast for a 50 Beowulf AR upper.
    Got some clear from Smoke (received 3 days after ordered !!!)
    Is the clear that forgiving ?, has powder gotten better ?
    Coated some cast last night, been raining for a couple days, slightly damp in basement - GREAT coating with minimal agitation !!

On top of the damp, no black airsoft at Wally world, had to clean some used (green powder) pellets with dawn, could that have made them work better ??

Happy camper right now.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master

Love smokes clear. Flows so well I even add it to other colors to use up the old/poor covering stuff.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Bub
    I use Smokes PC without any BB's, works great.

Boolit Master

clear is supposed to be the best covering of Smoke's offerings

all do a great job for me though after I mix colors during coating operations I can get some pretty ugly colors--clear would keep me from doing that
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

Another vote for Smoke's clear pc.

A kind and generous member sent me some to try and I was amazed. Now it is my favorite!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Mine now too.
    Tried PC back a year or two ago, coated fine with HF red and 4 of Smokes colors. Just couldn't get past the colors, lead should be grey ! ****** !
    Although big hollow points PC'd black have a certain charm.
    And my daughter did like the pink 9mm hp's I loaded her.
    But green, blue, red ? Nah, not for me.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master

Count another one who likes the looks/color of plain cast lead boolits. Smoke's clear goes on and the only difference is the shiny coat. Otherwise they just look like cast boolits. Big Boomer
    Last edited by Big Boomer; 08-22-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: correction

Boolit Master
    Clear is my favorite, never used any air soft bb's never have any leading
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Shoots great as well. Shot this sub MOA 100 yard group today on my first try using my ruger 77/44 and smokes clear on a Lyman devastator along 21.1 gr of lil gun. Smokes Clear PC coats as Smooth as glass compaired to some of the other colors and I believe this helps improve accuracy...it's probably just in my head but if I'm shooting for groups I want the smoothest finish possible for better aerodynamics.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 08-24-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Banned
    Smoke's Clear has been in my experience, hands down, the best pc powder EVER. The only problem for me is , I swage the boolits after I coat them and Clear shows every little blemish in my cores.
    If you can't get Smokes Clear to coat well. You are doing something way wrong. Don't need BBs, Just give them a shake and presto...perfect every time.

Most all the colors I have tried cover very well with a couple of exceptions, but Smokes clear just works every time with no issues. If, I only had one powder to choose from to do my coating with it would be Smokes Clear hands down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    Mine now too.
    Tried PC back a year or two ago, coated fine with HF red and 4 of Smokes colors. Just couldn't get past the colors, lead should be grey ! ****** !
    Although big hollow points PC'd black have a certain charm.
    And my daughter did like the pink 9mm hp's I loaded her.
    But green, blue, red ? Nah, not for me.
    I totally agree with the bullets should be grey. However there is another color for the that I like...COPPER. I bought some copper colored metallic stuff but it is super difficult if not impossible to get to actually look like copper. I like Smokes Clear the best also but for me it shows the imperfections of the bullet underneath it. I swage them afterwards so they are perfect but they still look blemished so I am still looking for a good copper (or maybe chrome to go under a poorer grade of copper color).
    Also beware...with Smokes Clear it is easy to get them mixed up with uncoated boolits for those of us who are not that organized.

All of the blues coat great from Smoke , the clear is one of my favorites too. The Bacon Grease color as he calls it is the best for high velocity. I have not had an issue with any of his colors.
    Flydad

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

― Leonardo da Vinci

What's not to love about some red, white, and blue 357 magnum rounds?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Mold
    how does one go about getting PC from Smoke? I as just getting started with PC and want to purchase some.
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Master

A little PC goes a long way. I've been working through the colors I have on hand so that I can order some clear. You guys have me SOLD! Smoke's powders are great, and I've made many referrals.

Boolit Master

I had given up after HF powder a couple of years ago... finally decided to try Smokes as everyone raves about them. Ordered a sample pack and finally tried some with my daughter this past weekend. All I can say is wow! The red took 2 coats and then it was to thick... but we made purple with the blue and red and it was a one coat wonder. She wanted to know how it would hold up, gave her a hammer and a bullet. Needless to say, she was a little shocked that she could beat it flat and it was still there.

My only complaint, putting gas checks on after PC is not fun. Wish it was easy not to coat the shank. Trying to get cast to work in my 300 BO, they shoot but I would not call the result a group!

Vendor Sponsor

Mattw
    red should be one coat only .. if it was too thin with one coat you need to shake harder and or a little longer ..
    Now for gas checks .. you could check and size first , then coat and do a final sizing. yes its an extra step but it also assures the check will NOT come off
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    I too am a happy customer of Smokes powder. I like to use his aluminum color mixed with a big pinch of black to make what almost looks like raw lead. Of course performance has been great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast