MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MasterCard

Boolit Grand Master

MasterCard

Anyone use them????
    With all the companies going anti, I haven't heard anything from them.
    I'm still looking for a replacement to my NRA card.

My Bank card is a MC, 3 to 5 % back in rewards. Usually nets me a new gun or loading equipment each year. I like free money..

Boolit Grand Master

Local Credit Union. So far I've used my yearly points to get a set of steak knives, a table saw, a Black and Decker Work Mate and a Cuisinart Bread Machine. All for using the Card to get things I would already buy such as Gas ( rebate on that) groceries etc. Get them with the card and go online to pay it off immediately and avoid the interest.
    Lately I've switched to paying for gas using a Sams Club Card. Bigger rebate and the yearly rebate more than pays for the membership fee.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Sams card sent Me 287.00 this year for using it. Hard to beat being paid to use the card.
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Boolit Grand Master
    Any suggestion on a place to get one????

Your bank or credit union is where I would start.. Then if I have problems , I have a place to go versus a automated phone system.

Boolit Master
    This is not free money. The retailer pays a double or more discount for rewards cards. He then has to raise his prices to cover that added cost. This is why some offer a discount for cash. I did when i had my gun store.

If you are old enough to rember S&H or Gold Bond stamps , you paid 4% more at the retailers that gave stamps.
    Last edited by jdfoxinc; 03-29-2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added content
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Moderator Emeritus

Before I got on the free Obamacare, LOL ...I had a MC "Professional" with a bank (can't remember, might have been Chase?), it had many perks, but the one I liked was Prescription Drug discount, many drug prices were more than 50% less than cash (no insurance) price.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

I use the Discover card. No fees and 2% back plus run quarterly promos for a little extra cash back.

Boolit Master
    I'm still biding my time. It will all shake out at some point, and then I will make a move.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    We use a Kroger store card. Then we also use their drug store and grocery store and when we get 1000 points it nets $1.00 off for each gal of gas up to 35 gals I believe. it saves us 25.00 a month on gas at there Gas pumps. I see no down side as of yet.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

There is no FREE money...that's you money they sucked out of you by the back door. Charging fees to merchants and your hidden fees any the outrageous interest. Cash Back is a sucker game too many bite into. Sort of like a TAX refund. Or social security being a benefit.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    There is no FREE money...that's you money they sucked out of you by the back door. Charging fees to merchants and your hidden fees any the outrageous interest. Cash Back is a sucker game too many bite into. Sort of like a TAX refund. Or social security being a benefit.
    Well, let see now Koger is the least expensive grocery store in the area. Then with our drug plan, we don't pay for any prescription. So lookie there it is free to us.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I got my from the bank I deal with and there is no yearly cost on it since got a checking account with them.Also able to pay on line for what need to be paid what ever you charge on it. it works for me.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I've been using Amex for a couple of decades. My first was through Delta Airlines, gave me air miles, but cost $85/year, so I switched to Hilton - free, and gives H-Honors points that can be used for free nights at Hilton hotels (I usually stay at Hampton Inn's). I usually get 8-10 free nights per year.
    Not all folks accept Amex (Costco doesn't), so I also have a Visa (through my CU). Amex charges the vendor more than usual, and are slow to pay, I've heard. But the end result for me is several hundred dollars worth of free nights at fairly nice digs during the year...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    Folks are right, there is no free lunch, everyone is paying regardless of whether you get the point or not. So go for the best reward points. I use Capital One Venture card and always book my car rentals through them, always the cheapest way from directly using the rental companies.

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Ahh but I don't pay any fees or interest. The merchants pay the fees. That is why when my customers want to pay by CC I charge an extra 5%.. Has worked for me for years. I do not recommend it for those that cannot manage money tho, maybe you fit that category.

Boolit Master
    Most rewards cards are OK if you pay them off entirely every month. There might be are markups for CCs at retail, annual fees, etc., but the biggest hook is getting people to buy more than they can readily afford.

Boolit Grand Master
    I always pay off the balance every month. Never paid any fees.
    Looking for a card company that is not political.
    citi and first national are out.
    My bank gets their visa from first national. costco card is citi.
    Even with two saving accounts at the credit union, their giving me a hard time getting their visa.
    I used to get offers all the time in the mail. None for a while now.

Boolit Master
    My GM card is a Master Card I buy a new pick up every other year for work. I have saved a lot of money over the years. Also when I leave the country they do not charge any extra fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast