Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 310 kit box

Boolit Bub
    I love this. Another thing to start collecting for

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by firebyprolong View Post
    So I have a recurring issue of finding deals on stuff after I've already found what I need. Long story short I have a med flat rate box on its way to me full of 310 dies and handles. I'm gonna a bigger box just to hold trade bait.
    If you happen to find an extra PC #10 in that assortment, I could use one for my latest field kit. :

Froggie

Froggie, I didn't luck out and find any 32-20 stuff in the mix. I'll keep my eyes open for one. The bulk lot I just got had lots of 30 cal stuff and even a set of 7 and 8 mm dies. Actually found a set of 22-250 dies too. Got enough #2 PCs to fill out every set of dies I had that use them.
    Last edited by firebyprolong; 04-16-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Boolit Master

My Little 310 Kit

Hi all. My field kit isn't near as fancy as some of yours. I set mine up for only one cartridge (.45-70) so I could reload a standard load in the field. I've already set up the dies for my load, which many of you will recognize as Larry Gibson's .45-70 plinking round with a 275gr RNFP (Rapine clone) over 8.0gr Bullseye (which is almost exactly what a 9mm case holds as a dipper.) My kit provides enough components to reload ~55 cartridges. So if I start with a 20 rd McKeever box (or Prairie Belt,) that's 75 shots. The other nice thing about this container is everything is stored neat and protected in a relatively small package (~9"x5"x2.5".) Ed

Attachment 218690 Attachment 218691 Attachment 218692

All the components laid out. I keep lanolin in the little red cup to lube the cases, and the rag is old T-shirt material to cushion the handles and wipe off lube.
    Attachment 218689
    Last edited by RedlegEd; 04-19-2018 at 09:30 AM.

RedLegEd,

Yours is a very neat and compact kit tailored to a specific task. Nice!
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Grand Master
    To: RedLegEd,

SU-WEEEET!

That does what I've tried to do, but adds a lot of class. Also, with that shape and size, I'm sure it packs away really well. I think I can see a similar set-up in my future. Thanks for sharing.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1500.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	218738

So I got my flat rate box in and I'm gonna need a bigger box. I think I have a solution to hold dies, when I get it in the box I'll post a finished picture.
    I also walked through an antique mall last week when a set of steel handles jumped out at me from a case. I grabbed them up and under the freckles of rust and a thick layer of dust i figured i would find a set of cal marked handles. As soon as I opened them I was shocked to find a #1 shell adapter screwed into a small set of universal steel handles, all marked as " bullet mold 35$". I darn near broke my wrist trying to get my wallet out.

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG_1500.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	218738

So I got my flat rate box in and I'm gonna need a bigger box. I think I have a solution to hold dies, when I get it in the box I'll post a finished picture.
    I also walked through an antique mall last week when a set of steel handles jumped out at me from a case. I grabbed them up and under the freckles of rust and a thick layer of dust i figured i would find a set of cal marked handles. As soon as I opened them I was shocked to find a #1 shell adapter screwed into a small set of universal steel handles, all marked as " bullet mold 35$". I darn near broke my wrist trying to get my wallet out.
    So now you need a "L" set!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    So now you need a "L" set!
    Make him a deal he can't refuse BM !!!!
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    Make him a deal he can't refuse BM !!!!
    I really like die sets in 7x57, 8x57, and 303 Brit!
    Hint! Hint! Hint!

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey Mag-man, I think I still have a Tru-Line Jr set of dies for the 303 Brit, NIB. Any interest? IIRC, they are the same as the 310 dies... a CMR that decaps and a DA die. All in the pretty flat box (assuming I can find it.)

Your Phriendly 'Phibian

Banned
    Be careful about selling in these posts. It's a big no, no.

Brass, since I started looking for these lately, they jump out at me. I have the Lyman die chart save on my phone. That last batch had a 8mm with a bullet sizing chamber, partial 7 mm and 303 set and completed 2 sets of 30-30 dies and a 22 hornet set I had partials of. It was a grab bag box from a guy in Oklahoma, stuff he bought at an auction, he knew they where 310 dies and that's about it. Even had a full set of 22-250 marked dies.
    I've got a truline as well so I'm pretty much addicted. I need to organize and figure out what I've got for trade bait and send you a pm, I could be very interested in a set of steel L handles. I'm going to one of the biggest flea markets in the state next weekend so I'm definitely hoping come home with more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Be careful about selling in these posts. It's a big no, no.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, Ken. I've been swapping back and forth with Brass Magnet for a while now and was just soliciting another trade... no sale offered nor intended.

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Brass, since I started looking for these lately, they jump out at me. I have the Lyman die chart save on my phone. That last batch had a 8mm with a bullet sizing chamber, partial 7 mm and 303 set and completed 2 sets of 30-30 dies and a 22 hornet set I had partials of. It was a grab bag box from a guy in Oklahoma, stuff he bought at an auction, he knew they where 310 dies and that's about it. Even had a full set of 22-250 marked dies.
    I've got a truline as well so I'm pretty much addicted. I need to organize and figure out what I've got for trade bait and send you a pm, I could be very interested in a set of steel L handles. I'm going to one of the biggest flea markets in the state next weekend so I'm definitely hoping come home with more.
    You're starting to sound like the little chihuahua in the old Taco Bell commercial when he saw Godzilla, "Uh oh, I theenk I shoulda got a beeger box!" Keep it up brother!

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Well Brass, those TL Jr die sets seem to have slipped into the black hole of my loading area. I remember distinctly having two 303 Brit sets with one going to my brother. I thought I still had the other, but it seems to have passed the event horizon and gone out of sight. I'll keep looking though. Maybe we need to take this up to the Sticky 310 Swap Thread to follow the rules completely. See ya there.

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Life is good! I just won a set of steel 310 dies marked 44-40, and if the pictures are to be believed they are in above average condition. As a bonus they come with a PC and a really good looking original box. For field use the box will stay safe at home and the tools will ride in one of these kits we’ve been discussing here.

The stars seem to be aligning well, and with bated breath I’m waiting a few more days for another one of my bucket list items... frustrating because I’ve had a piece of the set for a while but haven’t been able to nab the rest of it,

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master

Name:	089DA7CD-981F-424E-9033-40DC951C52AB.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	220316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87D52836-C238-4FE6-A5A9-A329D4F9A319.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	220317Unbelievable! The 310 handles and box I won on flea-Bay got here all the way from Helena, MT in just two days! There was a #2 PC, a strange metal rod, and a wad of some waxy substance (lube?) wrapped in a piece of cloth in the box too, but that’s immaterial since I got the handles I needed and this great box as a bonus. SCORE!

Froggie

Boolit Master

I was following that set - very nice
    Being human is not for sissies.

Banned
    Mr, Frog Person Sir, all I can say is you did good. Beautiful set.

Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast