Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else dump Netflix over Rice?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone else dump Netflix over Rice?

I couldn't log in to cancel my Netflix subscription fast enough after learning Susan Rice joined their board.

I'm sure there are many other villainous scumbags on other boards that I unwittingly give money to, but there is no way I'd knowingly give a single red cent to anyone of "Ambassador" Rice's ilk.

I will miss some of their original content, but I'll manage.

Boolit Buddy
    I will look into that also

Don't do Netflix. But the issue is that you can't dump everything, you won't have anything to view. Let your feelings be know. And threaten.

Boolit Master
    I had to think for a moment thought it Condolesa Rice having a senior moment hear.
    I don't think highly of Susan Rice either but if you boycotted all things you disagreed with you'd be sitting in the dark,naked and starving to death in the cold

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
    I had to think for a moment thought it Condolesa Rice having a senior moment hear.
    I don't think highly of Susan Rice either but if you boycotted all things you disagreed with you'd be sitting in the dark,naked and starving to death in the cold
    Right on! Every day someone's getting on the internet telling everyone to stop using, buying, or supporting some company or another due to some perceived defect, person running the company, or other one dimensional problem and we're all supposed to boycott them. You'd end up right where you describe. Sometimes you need to just let them know how you feel and see where it goes. The old saying "you can't win them all" is spot on.

I dont know who Susan Rice is. I dont keep up with things. I know what netflix is, but I dont have it. However, If I dumped everything that was anti gun or pro abortion.. heck, there wouldnt be much left.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a post apocalypse scenario. (hay for once auto correct helped)
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Super Moderator Emeritus
    compromise is the open door to evil growing. Hard to stand up for right when it affects things you enjoy. We all have to choose for ourselves where we stand.

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not have an issue with boycotting IF there is an alternative. I do not mind even paying a reasonable premium...but like others have stated, at some point you cannot boycott everything the left wing idiots touch or are involved in. And if you have others living with you, they may not be on your bandwagon.
    Don Verna

Boolit Bub
    Agree that if we took a firm stand on every issue that gets us riled up we’d frequently be going without. But netflix is such a frivolous amenity that eliminating it won't impact my quality of life at all.

At the very least Rice should be in federal prison for felony perjury. Certainly not rewarded with a token position on the board of a Fortune 500 company.

Surely they’re capable of finding some other, more qualified and less controversial individual if they really wanted to. So why would a company worth north of $124 BILLION make such a move?

They are making a statement.

And so I will make a statement, too . . . not that they’ll notice or miss it but they won’t get another dime from me.

Jimmy
    "Sometimes a society becomes too stupid to survive." Mark Steyn

Would yall that are boycotting netflix feel differently if it was free and not something you had to pay for?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Would yall that are boycotting netflix feel differently if it was free and not something you had to pay for?
    Why no, I never paid for YouTube and I am keeping away from it as much as I can now.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

If I took all the boycott advice from strangers of this forum, I wouldn't be able to shop anywhere, watch any movies, travel, etc.

Boolit Master

Well, ya'll do as you see fit. I dumped them not only for the Susan Rice hire, but also because they are currently filming a "Netflix Original Series" with......Barack Obama. As well as all the recent movie additions that are ONLY in spanish language. I see a pandering to the liberals and illegal alien audiences that I can not and will not support. JMHO tho......
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    Well, ya'll do as you see fit. I dumped them not only for the Susan Rice hire, but also because they are currently filming a "Netflix Original Series" with......Barack Obama. As well as all the recent movie additions that are ONLY in spanish language. I see a pandering to the liberals and illegal alien audiences that I can not and will not support. JMHO tho......
    If I had a business I'd be glad to take money from liberals and illegal aliens.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    So what is the alternative to watch? CBS, NBC, CNN???? I don't like the politics of a lot of those individuals mentioned but if a person starts dumping everything because of those connected, you might as well go find a place on a secluded mountain to live here you don't have any TV, Radio, or other services.

It's up to the individual of course. But if you drop it, oh well, you're just another customer who dropped it. Far better to sit down and write a letter to express your views. The problem is, those of us who are "conservative" were taught to have manners and we were taught - "if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, then don't say anything" - very unlike those on the other end of the spectrum who will mouth off against anything without having the facts or knowledge to do so - all fed by the "fake news".

In the end, we all have different opinions about things. Now if and when Netflix starts to "censor" things and really pushing the "left" - that's another whole story - hit 'em where it hurts - in the pocketbook.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Oh I'd take their money. But to give them money. Maybe I'll spend more time reloading instead of watching and giving them higher ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    Do you or anyone in your house use a Windows or Apple product? Have you boycotted them for what they support or the members of their boards?

Just curious where you draw the line in the sand?

I did laugh at the Spanish thing though...because I don't watch hardly any of the spanish movies I rarely see them on my profile but I do see a lot of german, british and asian movies every month...ohh the horror of targeted marketing.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Dad was so tired of the liberal media (Walter Cronkite) that when the TV quit in the spring one year; we did without. Us 5 kids thought we would die. One of the best summers ever. Of course he bought a new black&white when football season started. This was 1966.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    One would be an idiot not to do so. My point however, is that approx. 70 to 80% of all new content was geared away from my interests. Therefore I was not receiving value for my subscription. Had it been a more 50/50 split I might have remained a customer.
    I support a business' choice to pursue what market they wish just not at my expense.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast