Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Loadmaster Functionallity Video 100+ Rounds. Lee Bashers welcome

Boolit Buddy

Lee Loadmaster Functionallity Video 100+ Rounds. Lee Bashers welcome

Made a video up. mostly trying to give people an idea of load time. yes i left case/primer/powder fill in the video and loaded 100+ rounds. It went pretty quick and even shown how easy it is to do a caliber change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQc5...ature=youtu.be

Boolit Master
    I'm not gonna bash lee products, i have a lee 1000 that i have loaded a few hundred thousand rounds on, For the shooting i do, i can't justify going blue.

Boolit Master
    the newer lee is the best for money i have a dillon 650 if i had not had a deal like i got would never gone there. but i had dealer that got all at cost .
    have one of the first lees and it does have problems
    i have made changes to it over the years ,but its my go to. Dillon has so many problems they never changed. I changed many things and its ok now .
    I would NEVER buy one again

I've got a Loadmaster that is giving me fits. It's my first progressive and I'm setting it up strictly for .45 ACP. Got most of the bugs out of it but still have a few to go. It's a labor of love, going to get there soon, I hope.

The price was right though, free.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Some might say I know a thing or two about rehabbing a old LM press to run like a top. Some.

Sorry I stopped watching after you said you where going to shoot that split case anyway.

It did look like a nice video. All my reloading ones are gone from Utube. Yours will be too in a few days.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I've got a Loadmaster that is giving me fits. It's my first progressive and I'm setting it up strictly for .45 ACP. Got most of the bugs out of it but still have a few to go. It's a labor of love, going to get there soon, I hope.

The price was right though, free.

Slim
    Look up my old posts from two or three years ago I had a thread running where we worked out all the bugs on a LM I had got in parts. Might help you get yours going. Search Who uses a Lee Pro 1000 or loadmaster

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Some might say I know a thing or two about rehabbing a old LM press to run like a top. Some.

Sorry I stopped watching after you said you where going to shoot that split case anyway.

It did look like a nice video. All my reloading ones are gone from Utube. Yours will be too in a few days.
    Ah. Yes. I will shoot the split case. Will go into a small ring mauser with a rhinlen arms conversion. That thing gets all the junk and outcast loads. It's not going into a nice pistol.

Boolit Master
    I shoot split cases if i don't get it before reloading. They just go in my bag for practice, not comps. They can split when firing anyway, so what does it matter? There is a possibility of the gas trying to cut the chamber a bit as the case will no longer create a seal as an undamaged one would, but the lower pressure of a pistol round surely wouldn't do much.

A lot of people are starting to post firearm related vids on Full30.com due to youtube's shenanigans. It's bizarre how they're deleting firearm vids and yet allow other highly questionable stuff on there. One can't help wondering at the motivation behind the move.

BigBore I appreciate your effort to demonstrate that the Lee press isn't as bad as some make out. I'm pretty happy with mine, I still get the occasional hiccup but overall it works well. If you add the 4-tube boolit feeder it really helps too.

Boolit Master
    For handgun reloading, are the 1000 and the LM equal in terms of ease of operation?

I won’t bash as I have loaded 100 rounds on a Loadmaster in under 4 minutes, that shot just as well as the same ammunition loaded on other progressives.

So, they can be made to run well, just not going to open the box and bolt it down and load like a Dillon or even a Hornady or RCBS. The Lee is getting better though, if you have an old one, order the latest plastic parts, new primer system being the most beneficial and it might just stop you from emptying your wallet into the swear jar.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lightload View Post
    For handgun reloading, are the 1000 and the LM equal in terms of ease of operation?
    As far as ease of use i believe so. However the 1000 only has 3 die holes. So if you want an extra step like i do ( seat and crimp in different stations) the 1000 won't do that.

Boolit Master
    That is true, not everyone needs the extra station, i know i have never used one, if i had one, then sure, i would probably use it with a factory crimp or something.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    That is true, not everyone needs the extra station, i know i have never used one, if i had one, then sure, i would probably use it with a factory crimp or something.
    I have tossed the idea of putting a powder check die in 4 and seat crimp in 5 but I think seating the bullets would be wierd on that 5 station.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBore45 View Post
    a small ring mauser with a rhinlen arms conversion.
    Sounds like a fun gun you should show us pics.

As for the loading the split case. You shooting it was not my issue. You posting a video for new reloaders to come across and follow your lead kinda was. They might get the idea it is ok to do things like this. It might not ever be an issue but in the wrong gun with the wrong split it could be. To many new guys out there to not cover the basics. Its all good.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Sounds like a fun gun you should show us pics.

As for the loading the split case. You shooting it was not my issue. You posting a video for new reloaders to come across and follow your lead kinda was. They might get the idea it is ok to do things like this. It might not ever be an issue but in the wrong gun with the wrong split it could be. To many new guys out there to not cover the basics. Its all good.
    Your right. It was just natural in my process. As always every gun and load is different I guess.

Boolit Master
    The only problem i've had with mine is forgetting the dadburn small primer 45s. That'll throw a kink in the get along.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Quote Originally Posted by lightload View Post
    I have both and in my opinion the LM is the better machine (once it's sorted out). The 1000 was pretty flaky with primers and the LM lets me use a Factory Crimp Die.

Boolit Master
    I won't bash the presses, but I dearly do detest the scale and powder measure.
    I love the dippers for handgun plinking loads...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I won't bash the presses, but I dearly do detest the scale and powder measure....
    I can understand the scale but what is it you dislike about the measure and which one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast