RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: New Lee pot on order for me

New Lee pot on order for me

I ordered a new Lee 4-20 pot from Midway today. The old 10lb. pot was a bit small to work with. I also broke down and ordered a lead thermometer. I figure this setup is half the price of the new RCBS bottom pour pot that I have been waiting for. Now I can't wait till it arrives. I figure this will be big enough to put in some 99 pb ingots with some lino or hardcast and make up either some new ingots or just straight casting from the pot.

Banned

Can't beat the value
    Lot of threads on how to keep the running and reduce or even eliminate drips

I have the Lee production pot for many years. I never really had any trouble with a leaking valve that amounted to more than a drip or two. Only once that i can remember, some dirt getting stuck and I was able to clear it before a big mess developed. The pot has worked well for me over many years so I was not worried about trying their bigger pot this time. I think the old one is close to 30 years old though it has sat in storage for periods of years at a time.

Boolit Master
    Congrats. I just grabbed another 10 pound pot used. I like them all. I have a lyman and two lee's. You will be happy. Now its just the waiting part that sucks.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Banned
    You can use your 10# to preheat lead and pour it into the 4-20 (use thick gloves & be very careful)

Boolit Master

I used to tip over my pot when I was draining the last of the lead into ingots.

Very good advice to use very heavy gloves . . . and be quick about it

I always had a place picked out to set it down in case it got too warm too quickly
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Lee 10 lb and a 20. I usually use the 10 while waiting for the 20 to get back to temp after refilling. I keep a stainless steel condiment cup from Wally World under the spot of both. It keeps the drips from splattering.

Boolit Master
    My Lyman 61 gets the most use. However, I still use my 40 yr old Lee drip a matic, as well.

Boolit Bub
    I used the Lee 10# pot for years, then upgraded a few years back to the 20#pot. The 20# seems much less prone to dripping. It's also a whole lot nicer to cast 20# of bullets at a time vs 10. I still use my 10# pot to clean wheel weights, & keep it at the tractor shed. It's 27 years old & still going strong.

Boolit Master
    I think the 4-20 is a real bargain. Was thinking of ordering a spare for when my first one goes south.

Boolit Master
    The Lee 4-20 is pretty much repairable.I believe Lee sells all of the parts that can fail.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by KenT7021 View Post
    The Lee 4-20 is pretty much repairable.I believe Lee sells all of the parts that can fail.
    I've seen both the heating element and the temp switch on Midway... other than that not much to go wrong with a pot that isn't over heated or placed somewhere rusty.

It's a bargain - simply does the job

Boolit Man
    I just bought a 4-20, also. Hoping the transition from ladle to bottom pour is an easy one.

Started on a camp stove with a doggy bowl, then an RCBS cast iron pot, then a Lee 20lber, and now a 4-20.