Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Contender Warranty with S&W?

Boolit Master

Contender Warranty with S&W?

I bought two Contenders over 30 years ago and am 100% certain that I sent in the warranty cards. So I get on the Contender/S&W website and they want me to send a copy of the sales order before I will get any warranty work done. And of course I can't find them. I emailed them asking to confirm that they had the records of the two serial numbers. Website says they will get back to me in 3-4 days, that was 3 weeks ago. My guess is they are going to take the chance that I can't find the papers so they don't have to honor the lifetime warranty. Looks like I will have to call them to get any answers. Has anyone else gone thru this?
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

I ran into the same issue. I called S&W customer service, they said "send us the gun." I did, and they fixed it. (866) 730-1614
    Last edited by Tatume; 03-28-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Boolit Master

I had in issue with my Omega that is around 10 years old they were no help told me warranty was up S&W not like the old T/C
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

I bought an old Contender off a buddy (member here as well) and it started to open up when I fired it. I called and they said send it in. I did and they gave me a new G2. No telling how old the frame I had was or if the warranty was ever filled out.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    That's good to hear, TC had the best service of any company I ever delta with, including my professional life!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

I have a brand new 20" Katahdin barrel and was having some issues with the extractor, e-mailed them and they are sending me a new extractor for it. I've shot it only a few times, they didn't question me at all about it.

Boolit Master
    Just go to this site and I bet you will find a fix and the parts for less than it will cost to ship that gun back to S&W

https://www.bellmtcs.com/?post_type=product

Boolit Master
    I think that Bellm might be just the ticket. Sent them an email about their extended firing pin. That's the problem with mine. They lock up but the safety switch won't let the firing pin reach the primer no matter how many times I've cleaned it. One frame had so many miles to the old factory and back that it could have done a moon landing.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.