Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: De-burring tool

Boolit Buddy

De-burring tool

I just found a neat de-burring tool and it make short work of de-burring the inside of cases. Just finished de-burring 200 .223 once fired cases.

https://www.amazon.com/Rely2016-Prac.../dp/B01N9SM9GD
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Master
    I use a similar tool to deburr the id of pvc pipe before glueing it, and copper pipe before sweating it, and it works well.

Banned
    This works well for me (usually I don't like Lyman) and the cutters fit my RCBS Trim mate
    https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-7777800...yman+deburring

Boolit Master
    The Lee De-Lux Quick Trim system trims to length, de-burrs and chamfers the inside of case necks all in one go.

The Quick trim bodies are calibre specific, but one cutting head fits all.

I have 7 in different calibres and find they are all consistently accurate for trim length, you just have to remember to clear the brass shavings regularly.

ukrifleman

Boolit Grand Master

I have several of those I use on lathe mill and other machines. Beat grinding up and sharpening 3 corner scrapers for it. Watch what cutters you buy as there are cutters for steel and brass both different cutting angles and the steel tends to grab and chatter in brass.

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't used one of those yet, but good find (one feller finds a neat, new to him tool and the next 10 posts say what they use instead )

Processing cases is basically "Metal Working 101". The tools found in 99% of machinist's/mechanic's tool boxes work quite well for reloaders. When I first encountered military primer crimps, the first thing I did was go to my tool box and get one of my 60 degree countersinks. Still works quite well for me even with the knowledge that there a half dozen dedicated reloading tools for the job...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

I have the Lyman tools posted by Grmps in post #3 on their case prep station and really like them. I can't say the same for their pocket cleaners and reamers.

I've used tools like the OP posted but only when machining steel. I do a lot of fine work but think that tool wold require substantial concentration to keep from gouging brass.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris