Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Opinions Reflex Sights

Boolit Bub

Opinions Reflex Sights

I see that both Leupold and Burris are now making reflex sights. Just wondering what people that use them think about them.

Boolit Master
    Been using reflex sights for probably, 20 years. Mostly, Trijicon offerings. Just had two re-lamped by the manufacturer. Currently, have one mounted on my X-bow, CZ Scorpion (9 mm) carbine, Marlin 1894 carbine, and a Sig P320 RX Compact.
    I guess you could say I like them. They excel in low light and any shooting under 75 yards. After that distance, fine target acquisition is iffy, without many magnification. I will pay extra for sights without batteries and feature automatic brightness. The only one that doesn't have these features is the Sig. But it is motion activated, which saves on battery life. There is only five brightness levels, which translates to less fiddling and none are terribly bright to interfere with your night vision.

Winelover

Boolit Master

These are wonderful sights, in my opinion.
    No matter where the dot in in your field of view, all that is needed is to put the dot on whatever it is you want to shoot and "pull the trigger."
    Fastest shooting sight I've ever used!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    I just put another fastfire3 on a tc contender carbine. I would like to try a trijicon but the price is a little steep, without actually begin able to hold one. Factory is in my state I will have to check to see if they have showroom, eotech is in michigan also

Boolit Master

I like the tube type red dots vs the reflex type on handguns. I find the dot faster in the tube type than the reflex style. On a rifle I don't think it would matter.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    With suppressor height open sights, they are still a viable option with the mini-reflex, on handguns. Manufacturers that are setting their products up for these types of sights, are going this route.

Winelover

Boolit Bub

Fastfire III

Quick question on Fastfire III, how easy are the
    adjustments and how's the battery life?

Boolit Buddy
    Fast fire 3 battery say 10,000 hours I have had 2 years and not changed it, adjustment is easy, little flat head screwdriver that comes with it

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Have not used them on handguns, but I have two Tritium illuminated Trijicon Rx07s in A.R.M.S. double throwlever mounts which I use at dawn and twilight on my Marlin leveractions.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

I used one of these a while, https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...3.php?pid=RX06 . I liked it, but would have preferred one with a dot instead of a triangle. Acog (at least used to) put a scripture on each sight. It referenced to Jesus being the Light of the world. I thought that was neat.

In Remembrance

+1 to fecmech's Post #5...........I've gone from reflexes to tube dots. I found I had to wiggle my head to 'find' the reflex's dot before I could aim, and the tube dots were much 'faster'.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Leupold Delta point on my Lee Enfield No4 in .375/444.

I really like this sight on that rifle. It's the lowest mounted of any type of optic sight i've found so the dot just appears in your vision when the rifle is shouldered.

I like this so much i'm doing another on a No1 MkIII as a pig hunting rifle with a shortened barrel and I'll be leaving it in .303 so i can use stripper clips to reload.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0296 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	217186

Banned

I agree. On a handgun the tube style tends to be eaiser to center on your eye. reflex sights have me looking for the dot to much. On a rifle it doesn't much matter though because when you cheek up the stock the sight is pretty much centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    I like the tube type red dots vs the reflex type on handguns. I find the dot faster in the tube type than the reflex style. On a rifle I don't think it would matter.

Super Moderator

I really like the Fastfire III. I have several, and for me the dot and target is very easy to acquire and keep on target. Iv'e got some of those colored plastic "bouncing" ground targets and it's a blast to bounce and roll them with my M1 Carbine. Vortex has some too, but I haven't tried them yet.

I have a Burris fastfire as well and the only trouble I've had with it is when it's snowing out. If snow collects on top of the site it will block the reflection of the dot.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.