Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1900 Krag.....followed me home

THANKS!!! Will try that method.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I have an original 1898 that is in stock form that I purchased in 1968 while in Huntington, WV. visiting my mom. The stock has a coat of some kind of sealer, it has no cracks or dents. The cartouches are intact and very clear. The metal has a patina appearance with all bbl markings very visible. The bore has lands and grooves with dark spots from firing the ammo of the time and then not giving it a proper cleaning. The safety works as designed and the magazine cut off works well also. This is a nice feature of the Krag.
    I also have about 200 new cases along with a hundred or more of once fired. I don't want to sell the brass by itself.
    I know it's impossible to grade any firearm sight unseen and that is not what I'm asking for, but certain guns sell better in different regions and that is what I'm asking. A ballpark figure is all that I seek.
    The rifle looks the same as the picture posted by Skeet1
    Any help that I receive will be greatly appreciated as I need to thin the heard. Later David
    Last edited by cajun shooter; 04-19-2018 at 09:02 PM. Reason: added info
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by georgewxxx View Post
    The easiest fix for windage is to remove the cutoff and add a peep sight.
    If the cutoff is removed, don't forget to make a nail or rod insert to replace the shaft of the cutoff or you will most likely have rounds hang up in the cutoff recess,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Friday Morning bump
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Grand Master
    My NRA cutdown shoots very well. 314299 sized at .312 rings the 13" gong at 200 yards all day long. Most shots in the 9 and 10 ring of an SR-3 target.
    My military relics shoot nothing but cast, and do it very well.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Well guys, had to give up on original barrel!! Was too far gone! Would ABSOLUTELY not shoot cast, had a little better luck with jacketed but not much. Found a good barrel and she is in the shop right now. Supposed to be a 3 week turn around so can't hardly wait to get it back. I am afraid I have become a Krag nut!!
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

Boolit Master
    I'm paring down my bucket list as that bucket looms closer, but a Krag still rests comfortably near the top.

Banned
    I have a very nice one and am gathering parts and pieces to make a replica of the Cataract scope equipped "sniper" model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12