MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many still use the handheld reloading equipment . . .

Dragon: good to hear the tool is working out for you. I hope others will use theirs more.

I built these tools to be used.

I use mine a lot in fact all the reloading I have done in the last year has been done on my tool at the dinner table. see Vids on Youtube.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I have 49 Lee Loader's. I kind of like them. I will grab one and start knocking out ammo when my wife say's she's "getting ready" to go out. I also have some Lyman 310's and a pile of dies I'm still to identifying.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    I use my 310 tool for most of my "military" calibers, i.e. 30-06, 303 Brit., 7.7 Jap, etc. simply because it neck sizes the brass and it lasts longer. The added benefit is that I can take my entire reloading setup on a trip, contained in a .50 cal ammo can and keep shooting when all my buddies have run out of "bang bangs". This usually generates some interest, as most of them have never seen a 310 tool before!

I have a Lee hand press that serves the same purpose. It's advantage is that I can reload for calibers not found in the 310 die line up, such as the 7.62 x 39, since it accepts regular 7/8" dies.

Both have proven their value at the range also, when working up loads to a final stage. The load that performs the best gets assembled in quantity on my bench press back at the house.

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    ...calibers not found in the 310 die line up, such as the 7.62 x 39...
    While checking to see if they had pre-310 Adjustable Seating Chambers, they don't; I saw that the 310 Shop has put the 7.62x39 (die set 14) into the 310 die line up.

http://www.cnyauctions.com/the310shop.htm
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Grand Master

How many still use the handheld reloading equipment . . .

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Dragon: good to hear the tool is working out for you. I hope others will use theirs more.

I built these tools to be used.
    Look at this way, most reloading equipment spends almost all its life sitting idle. And they’re all built to make ammo. I have a friend who owns three 1050s w/ autodrives. Each one is set up for one particular load. He doesn’t know when the last time he used them was. They’ve been sitting idle for years. Seems a shame to me.

To be completely honest if I didn’t travel for work I would use the hand press a lot less. Would most likely use it for small tasks where I didn’t need to use it for long and didn’t want to set one of the presses up. Since I travel having something productive to do in the hotel room is a blessing. Takes a lot longer to load ammo but it’s better than watching TV and getting nothing done.

Boolit Buddy
    First I bought a LEE Hand Press Kit ,,,other wise I would've wasted " all my money " !!

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Since I travel having something productive to do in the hotel room is a blessing. Takes a lot longer to load ammo but it’s better than watching TV and getting nothing done.
    A tool that lets us steal back some of our all too finite time from that thief, the humdrum of daily life, to do something productive, about which we are passionate, is one very fine tool.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master
    Use for de-priming and repriming, along with sizing and neck expanding with either M-die or Lee powder thru expander die. F/L resize works mostly for pistol caliber and rifle up to .223 size. Anything bigger puts too much strain on it but have done .243. For putting in powder and seating, pay full attention so no no T.V. or wife talking etc.

Boolit Bub
    im all about the lee loader wack-a-moles love em, got a RCBS ammomaster turret that Im trying to get up and running that I got in a trade, replaced the nylon bushing, timings still WAY off. next steps going to be a complete tear down and rebuild....in the mean time there I am, hammering the shinola outta rounds to take a break from smithing *grins*

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDogForge View Post
    im all about the lee loader wack-a-moles love em, got a RCBS ammomaster turret that Im trying to get up and running that I got in a trade, replaced the nylon bushing, timings still WAY off. next steps going to be a complete tear down and rebuild....in the mean time there I am, hammering the shinola outta rounds to take a break from smithing *grins*
    To be at home on the forum, all you need is your whack-a-moles and a good mallet. If you want to move up to more high tech, you might look into some 310 tools or Randy's "Bow-flex." An Ammomaster turret? Heresy, heresy I say!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Froggie: Its a "Thigh Master."

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Bub
    lol
    ya, im thinking of replacing that idiotic nylon with soft bronze. pretty sure thats where the problem is, thing strips or partial strips if you look sideways at it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Froggie: Its a "Thigh Master."

Randy
    Thanks for the clarification, Randy. All this time I thought you were supposed to use your hands instead of your knees.

Froggie
    Last edited by Green Frog; 07-14-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    "It aint easy being green!"

It was approved for use by none other that Suzanne Sommers.

That should sell a bunch, right,,, RIGHT?

Randy

Boolit Grand Master

How many still use the handheld reloading equipment . . .

Who’s Suzanne Summers?

All kidding aside I’m at the end of the age group that knows who she is. Go a few years younger than me and they will have little clue who she is outside of the lady parodied in thigh master commercials. So the coveted 18-34 demographic is out if you want to advertise that way. And since sarcasm is lost of most here, I’m joking.

Boolit Grand Master

If you could Randy Buchanan’s reloading press, I am. I use it all the time actually.

Boolit Man
    Me too. I use Randy's press at the beach house, at the range, and in front of the tube at home.
    SAF Patron (Life) | GOA (Life) | NRA Benefactor (Life) | MSRPA (Life)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234