Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving illinois

Boolit Master

Leaving illinois

I saw on FOX today that someone leaves Illinois every 4.2 minutes, and they are leaving for good. It went on to say that 80% of the counties are loosing population with Cook county leading the way. I can't help but wonder why.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    Why? Cause this state sucks!

The entire state government is run by mike madigan a corrupt democrat career politician who continually screws the people/state for to line his own pockets.

The only good thing that comes from living in Illinois is that moving out of state will make for a Really sweet retirement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    Epd, I actually know all too well the problems with Illinois. I was born and raised on the Missouri side of the river 30 miles from Cairo and learned early what that state was about. My father was in the trucking business and he hated to drive into that state. He frequently drove to the coal mines with a large truck to haul the coal back to Missouri. The highway patrol lay in wait for out of state trucks and it was almost impossible to get back across the river without a ticket. The problems include much more than speed traps. Everything about the stat was corrupt. There was gambling, prostitution, crooked police just to name a few.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    I'm waiting for my 4.2 minute.

I have a friend of my in Cook county and trying to get him to move out of there.The way it looks that when he have some thing take care of that he will move out of the state and come here to Iowa the way it looks. He come to see me once in awhile and also another of his friends that live south of me in Iowa. I can not wait till he is out of there.I left MA ,that was in 1995 and glad I left there.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Epd, I actually know all too well the problems with Illinois. I was born and raised on the Missouri side of the river 30 miles from Cairo and learned early what that state was about. My father was in the trucking business and he hated to drive into that state. He frequently drove to the coal mines with a large truck to haul the coal back to Missouri. The highway patrol lay in wait for out of state trucks and it was almost impossible to get back across the river without a ticket. The problems include much more than speed traps. Everything about the stat was corrupt. There was gambling, prostitution, crooked police just to name a few.
    Are you sure it was Il. and not NY? Sure sounds a lot like NY!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    whyare they leaving ? freedom.

Boolit Grand Master
    sure wish they would head south
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    Are you sure it was Il. and not NY? Sure sounds a lot like NY!
    No, it was Illinois, remember it was that state that made JFK the president. When the party asked Mayor Daly for Cook county tally of votes, he asked, how many do you need.

I escaped from Illinois 2 years ago. After almost 60 years of living in that corrupt, tax happy state, I'm free!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tigweldit View Post
    I escaped from Illinois 2 years ago. After almost 60 years of living in that corrupt, tax happy state, I'm free!
    I have family in central Wisconsin...all moved out of Illinois some years ago and not one regret it. I noticed they take some pride in their new state. I remain here in Illinois for the time being. I never see that same feeling from folks that live here. Have other relatives in Minnesota..they think their state is paradise.

Boolit Buddy
    Just head east to the Hoosier state. We can take some more freedom loving individuals.

We have our 56 acres with turkey, deer, fruit trees, our garden and a modular on the old home place. 7 generation of my people have made it here. There are enough woods to hunt and cut deadfall for auxiliary heat. Not paradise but it will do.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

It's funny how people who left Illinois think Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa are paradise.

My grandparents and dad moved here from Wisconsin in 1946. I moved to Iowa in the 90's and met my wife. Lived there for nearly a decade and swore I'd never go back.

The small town corruption, gossip, awful weather, awful smell, gross and muddy environment, bugs, awful hunting, muddy water... Just hated everything about the Midwest.

I was fishing a couple of years ago on a small local lake with my nephews when some guy from Wisconsin whose kid was going to college here rowed by. We started chatting and he said he couldn't believe the lack of bugs. He said it was 80 degrees and no humidity; said it was absolute paradise. I told him that I used to live in Iowa and totally understood his disbelief.

In my area, we have the Californians that are flooding into the state and turning it slowly blue. They have ruined Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and Texas is expected to turn blue within a decade or so.

Leftist ideology and attitudes are a cancer. And what's really sad is that a lot of those fleeing liberal cesspools bring along the same beliefs and attitudes that caused it in the first place without even realizing it.

I've seen so many "conservative" Californians move here, then start supporting "common sense" changes like a new recycling program, a new multi-million city park, traffic circles, etc.

Now, they want all of these new shiny things that they considered normal things in California and don't care how they are paid for. So city fees go up, taxes go up, regulations increase, and soon they are living in a place that they have directly caused to be higher cost of living and less free.

They are an ignorant cancer.

I would be very happy if bugs and humidity decided to leave Illinois.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    What Idaho45 said .
    You hit the nail square on the head Pard .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    It's funny how people who left Illinois think Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa are paradise.

My grandparents and dad moved here from Wisconsin in 1946. I moved to Iowa in the 90's and met my wife. Lived there for nearly a decade and swore I'd never go back.

The small town corruption, gossip, awful weather, awful smell, gross and muddy environment, bugs, awful hunting, muddy water... Just hated everything about the Midwest.

I was fishing a couple of years ago on a small local lake with my nephews when some guy from Wisconsin whose kid was going to college here rowed by. We started chatting and he said he couldn't believe the lack of bugs. He said it was 80 degrees and no humidity; said it was absolute paradise. I told him that I used to live in Iowa and totally understood his disbelief.

In my area, we have the Californians that are flooding into the state and turning it slowly blue. They have ruined Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and Texas is expected to turn blue within a decade or so.

Leftist ideology and attitudes are a cancer. And what's really sad is that a lot of those fleeing liberal cesspools bring along the same beliefs and attitudes that caused it in the first place without even realizing it.

I've seen so many "conservative" Californians move here, then start supporting "common sense" changes like a new recycling program, a new multi-million city park, traffic circles, etc.

Now, they want all of these new shiny things that they considered normal things in California and don't care how they are paid for. So city fees go up, taxes go up, regulations increase, and soon they are living in a place that they have directly caused to be higher cost of living and less free.

They are an ignorant cancer.
    It has always amazed me that many move from a blue state to a red state and then slowly push a liberal agenda. As you mentioned Texas will most likely "convert" as will Florida. For years I had dreamed of retiring to New Mexico or Colorado, but they are too far gone.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    I would be very happy if bugs and humidity decided to leave Illinois.
    I agree..can they take some of the politicians that ruined the state with them..please?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CIC View Post
    Just head east to the Hoosier state. We can take some more freedom loving individuals.
    I am looking into doing just that...

Boolit Master
    Would the last one to leave please turn off the lights? Don't bother locking the door.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast