Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Small ring mauser action wrench

Boolit Buddy

Small ring mauser action wrench

Is there anyone in phoenix AZ who has a small ring mauser action wrench I could use? I got a m94 Swede in a trade but want to pull the barrel and replace with a short chambered barrel because this factory barrel was cut to about 17 inches and 11 degree target crowned. It shoots well but I would prefer a longer barrel for a hunting rifle. I have alot of tools but don't really want to buy tools for a single rebarrel as it's pretty cost prohibitive.
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...od-trade/page3

Boolit Master
    Have to watch the small ring mausers. Easy to crush the receiver ring. If you have access to a lathe or someone you know does have him turn down the ring that bears against the front of the receiver even with the rest of the solid section in front of it. Should then screw off easily.I did this on one Swede and a couple 1891 Argentine mausers prior to removing the barrels and they in fact screwed off easy. Turning off the ring removes any compression pressure or tension. This is of course if you have no interest in saving the original barrel. Have seen one Swede that the receiver ring that had been crushed. FWIW. Frank

Boolit Master
    I have a wrench and Barrel Vise, But I am out in east Mesa.

Boolit Buddy
    If no lathe available to cut a slot in the bbl shoulder to remove the torque as explained above,,it can be done with a hacksaw.
    Cut a groove as close to the recv'r face as possible without touching it,,a 1/16" away from the face will do it. Cut the groove all the way around the bbl and about 1/8" deep or even a bit more.
    That'll release the tension/torque in the screw joint of the bbl & recv'r same as turning a groove in there with a lathe.

All this of course if you don't want to save the orig bbl you have.

...With that said,,
    Aren't you going to need the SR Mauser action wrench anyway if you are going to install another bbl onto the action?
    If you are going to have someone else do the bbl work with the new bbl,,just have them remove the old one as part of the job.

Boolit Master
    Just cut the groove as said then you don't have to worry about twisting the receiver. My advice on a rainy morning!
    Look twice, shoot once.

That sounds like a barrel worth saving. Depending on the wrench you can shim a LR wrench to fit the SR action if you have access to one. I'd pay a pro to do it otherwise. Swedes are great actions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I re-read where you said 94 Swede Mauser. They Had short barrels from the factory. And they are worth a bit if not too altered. Are you sure it's not a 96?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    You should always fit a tight plug into the reciever of any bolt gun,before unscrewing.This will eliminate any nasty shock,when you find the bolt wont fit back in.......