Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for turret labeling ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turrets.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	216898 This is how I do mine..

Boolit Man
    I do both of what has been suggested - sharpie and storing them in round die boxes marked with a label.

But wow....some of the setups here floor me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckerbird View Post
    I store mine in the lee round die box. I use a black marker to put the caliber on the side of the box.
    Me too
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

I am going to wait & see if anyone adds anything more for suggestions over the weekend & then decide what to do next week.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post

Yeah! Me too.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Panman213 View Post
    I used a fine tip Sharpie. I wrote on the side of the turret. If you need to remove it later, brake cleaner will take it off.
    This is what I do as well. Simple and easy.

Boolit Master

sharpie on the tool head

on powder measures I use one of those round 'dots' sticker and put amount of powder thrown and for what caliber.
    could say: 5.5 Red Dot and other that says .45 R and .44 R (both use same powder amounts) Then cover the dots with clear packing tape.

Since I only use Red Dot (32s --45s and shotgun) there is no worry about getting wrong measure

dayglo orange really stand out.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boldly mark the dies so no matter the position or turret you change them to you will always be correct.
    Dave

I use the lable maker, plus lable the container. MyFlatline's approach is great, but do your dies rust? I'm in a very humid environment so have to store them covered with a lightly oiled cloth and a closed container with little packets of silica beads to keep them from rusting. Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    I use the lable maker, plus lable the container. MyFlatline's approach is great, but do your dies rust? I'm in a very humid environment so have to store them covered with a lightly oiled cloth and a closed container with little packets of silica beads to keep them from rusting. Anyone else have this issue?
    I live in the wet part of Florida No they don't rust as I keep them inside the house and it is climate controlled (by the wife) None of my dies came in round containers, so the 3" pipe was my best option.

I live in the wet part of Florida No they don't rust as I keep them inside the house and it is climate controlled (by the wife) None of my dies came in round containers, so the 3" pipe was my best option.
    Ahhh, that explains it. My reloading room (garage) is not climate controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    Ahhh, that explains it. My reloading room (garage) is not climate controlled.
    All prep is done outside in the shop. All loading is done in my small home office. I keep all the powder and primers inside also. My dies don't seem to rust as bad as other reloading tools. Case gauges for example, if you look at one it rusts. Mine have all been coated now but what a pain.

Boolit Buddy
    Sharpie on the tool head

Boolit Master
    Well, I finally went and got a section of PVC pipe to use for making holders like MyFlatline showed in an earlier post.

Inexpensive( about $4) to make about 10 or so, sturdy enough & light weight.

Just need to cut them to height(length) and figure out a way to fasten them together so I can keep them all on a shelf.

I was thinking about using a threaded rod all in a row, or maybe hot gluing them together in a staggered pattern ( kind of like a line of staggered bowling pins) so they fit on a shelf in a row above my desk/bench.

Have not decided yet....

As you can tell, I am not getting fancy, nor am I in a hurry about doing this. I like to take my time at some things. I may do something more fancy in the future, but right now I think these PVC holders will do fine for what I want to do.

Thanks again for the suggestions & if anyone wants to add something, please do!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12