Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Classic Turret Press for 45-70, 300BLK, and .458 SOCOM (Bad Idea?, Good Idea?)

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I had way too many 3-hole turrets, and really only use three dies, so I converted it over to a 3-hole press instead of buying all new 4-hole turrets.
    So does a 3-hole turret drop in and align on the detent ball? This is good info.

Boolit Buddy
    I started out with a 3-hole Lee Turret sometime in the 80s. Loaded .223 to .458win, and several dozen more in between. I don't really have any idea how many rounds I've loaded on it, but I know I loaded 10,000 9mm a year for the first few years. I've loaded a lot of good ammo on that press.

I have other presses now but I still use the turret and it's still useful. I can't think of any reason not to say it's a good general purpose do-everything tool.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by WGD118 View Post
    Now I thought the Lee turret press had a setup for installing primers on the downstroke. Is there any reason you don't use this feature?
    Nothing "wrong" - I am simply too used to my hand-primed RCBS tool
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...d-priming-tool

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by WGD118 View Post
    Now I thought the Lee turret press had a setup for installing primers on the downstroke. Is there any reason you don't use this feature?
    It's called the "Safety Prime"...it doesn't come with the press and runs about $25.

I lot of people use it and like it, but I'm another one of those that likes priming off the press.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently purchased the Lee Classic Turret Press Deluxe Kit, it comes with just about everything to start reloading with the exception of dies and a set of calipers. Its on sale now at Brownells for $199.99 with free shipping.
    Last edited by Camper64; 03-22-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I would buy new and look for free shipping, buying used and paying shipping is going to be close in price,

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper64 View Post
    I recently purchased the Lee Classic Turret Press Deluxe Kit, it comes with just about everything to start reloading with the exception of dies and a set of calipers. Its on sale now at Brownells for $199.99 with free shipping.
    I know Titan reloading has it for $192 although I don't know what they charge for shipping, also there site is borked right now it keeps telling me there ssl cert or something to that effect has expired.

Boolit Buddy
    I like my Classic Turret so much I bought a second to use as a really versatile single stage. My original is set up with the Inline Fabrication auto-eject indexing rod and lets me crank out everything from 9mm to 30-06 really quickly. The new one is set up for bullet sizing, case decapping, bullet pulling, or anything else that is secondary to putting out a finished round. And since I took out the indexing rod on the new one, I can just slap in new turrets without having to worry if everything is lined up properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12