Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster 1500 -- sale?

Moderator Emeritus

RCBS Chargemaster 1500 -- sale?

I'm so tempted to buy, I reckoned to share this: The MSRP on the Chargemaster 1500 by RCBS is $50.00 off -- $319.99 at Midway, but to be OCD I Googled "best price". Bion, Cabelas came up with it on sale for $269.99. Both have a REBATE form, which is OK through the end of this month -- where you only need spend thirty bucks more to get a $100.00 rebate.
    All one needs do is spend thirty dollars more (e.g., a set of bullet mould handles) to get to the requisite $299.99 mark for the rebate -- which, if one needs/discounts the mentioned handles -- cuts the entire RCBS 1500 outfit down to $169.99! and, an added bonus is free shipping. I do not know if I will -- or will not -- but it seems good enough to share, assuming you also may desire having one of these, and are not aware of this sale.
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    I'm so tempted to buy, I reckoned to share this: The MSRP on the Chargemaster 1500 by RCBS is $50.00 off -- $319.99 at Midway, but to be OCD I Googled "best price". Bion, Cabelas came up with it on sale for $269.99. Both have a REBATE form, which is OK through the end of this month -- where you only need spend thirty bucks more to get a $100.00 rebate.
    All one needs do is spend thirty dollars more (e.g., a set of bullet mould handles) to get to the requisite $299.99 mark for the rebate -- which, if one needs/discounts the mentioned handles -- cuts the entire RCBS 1500 outfit down to $169.99! and, an added bonus is free shipping. I do not know if I will -- or will not -- but it seems good enough to share, assuming you also may desire having one of these, and are not aware of this sale.
    geo
    Great product, sadly not the way the rebate works. Found out the hard way last Christmas. Spent over $600 in multiple purchases thinking I would get the max rebate, however, the rules are 1 offer and 1 purchase per address. They used the highest price item which was $199 and I got $25 gift card. It was pointed out to me that this wording is (in small print) on the Vista Outdoor website. Was not happy.
    When in doubt tell the truth. Mark Twain

Moderator Emeritus

OMG -- I hope things have changed. On the printed form, "Offer 3: Purchase any RCBS items between $299.99-$499.99 and receive $100.00 rebate". I looked for and at the "s" on word "item" -- it being items, that surely suggested to me more than one purchased item may be used to get the rebate. Further, they have FOUR lines for entering the UPC barcode from product packaging, which intuitively implies more than one item as necessary and sufficient. They specify one offer and one qualifying purchase per address -- and the way I read it (and possibly a lawyer, too, will if necessary) is that purchases equal or greater to $299.99, and less than $499.99 are requisite to qualify for the $100.00 rebate. Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation, but, again, the way I read it -- I should be getting $100.00 cheque or Visa pre-paid card.
    geo

OMG -- I hope things have changed. On the printed form, "Offer 3: Purchase any RCBS items between $299.99-$499.99 and receive $100.00 rebate". I looked for and at the "s" on word "item" -- it being items, that surely suggested to me more than one purchased item may be used to get the rebate. Further, they have FOUR lines for entering the UPC barcode from product packaging, which intuitively implies more than one item as necessary and sufficient. They specify one offer and one qualifying purchase per address -- and the way I read it (and possibly a lawyer, too, will if necessary) is that purchases equal or greater to $299.99, and less than $499.99 are requisite to qualify for the $100.00 rebate. Perhaps I'm wrong in my interpretation, but, again, the way I read it -- I should be getting $100.00 cheque or Visa pre-paid card.
    geo
    That's what I thought too. It definitely says items, plural. The website even allows multiple UPC and receipt entry. I spent a lot of time making sure all the stuff I uploaded was correct. Very disappointed when I was informed that I had not read the fine print carefully enough. Hope you fare better than I did. Interested to see how you make out, keep us posted.

Boolit Master
    I think when they say "items", they mean that RCBS has multiple items between 299.99 and 499.99 and that for each purchase of a single item between these prices you get the said rebate. The way I am reading it, they want you to buy items that have an individual cost between 299.99 and 499.99 and that for every INDIVIDUAL item bought in this price range you get the rebate per item. They want you to buy big ticket items to recoup the cost of that rebate. They don't say "individual items", but that is the beauty and ugliness of the English language. Again, this is just how I am interpreting it. I can see the other side of the coin where multiple items adding up to the stated price range would qualify for the rebate, but it is up to RCBS and Vista Outdoor to choose which way they will go.

Moderator Emeritus

I can even add to this, as the manufacturers suggested retail price on the 1500 is $389.00 -- so, albeit from Cabela's one is paying $269.99 -- is it NOT a $389.99 item? Everyone wants to take advantage $$$-wise; I'll be extremely disappointed in RCBS's marketing if in fact I do in fact only receive the $25.00. I recall the opening intro to the film version of the Broadway hit, Guys and Dolls... If you've seen it, you can relate.
    In any case -- it may take "6-8 weeks" -- but I surely will post the outcome.
    geo

Boolit Buddy
    I can even add to this, as the manufacturers suggested retail price on the 1500 is $389.00 -- so, albeit from Cabela's one is paying $269.99 -- is it NOT a $389.99 item? Everyone wants to take advantage $$$-wise; I'll be extremely disappointed in RCBS's marketing if in fact I do in fact only receive the $25.00. I recall the opening intro to the film version of the Broadway hit, Guys and Dolls... If you've seen it, you can relate.
    In any case -- it may take "6-8 weeks" -- but I surely will post the outcome.
    geo
    They way I read the form it is any number of RCBS item totaling the rebate amount. The form has slots for 4 UPC codes and instructs you to attach additional UPC's on a separate paper.

https://media.midwayusa.com/cms/reba...ir-w-crops.pdf

Just called the 800 number listed on the form and spoke to "Jason", he confirmed that multiple RCBS items are allowed as long as the purchase price adds up to the minimum for the rebate listed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011redrider View Post
    They way I read the form it is any number of RCBS item totaling the rebate amount. The form has slots for 4 UPC codes and instructs you to attach additional UPC's on a separate paper.

https://media.midwayusa.com/cms/reba...ir-w-crops.pdf

Just called the 800 number listed on the form and spoke to "Jason", he confirmed that multiple RCBS items are allowed as long as the purchase price adds up to the minimum for the rebate listed.

Wish I had gotten Jason, for $600 worth of purchases this is what I ended up getting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 3-22-18 at 4.31 PM.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	216895

Boolit Master

It turns out that I've done some shopping this month. I never remember to redeem the rebates that always seem to be running. I called Vista, and they stated the same thing in 12011reserve's post. Multiple items grouped on a single submission will count toward the $300.

Ive already spent $300, so you earned me $100. Thanks for the reminder!

Boolit Master

I received a rebate last year on multiple items which added up to the qualifying amount...
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    I received a rebate last year on multiple items which added up to the qualifying amount...
    I filled out the forms for a buddy, it was about 5 items I guess and he got 100.00 card...
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    This is hilarious, I just called Vista too and what they are saying now is completely different from when I submitted! They say multiple receipts are allowed and multiple items are allowed but only one submission will be accepted. And, there is nothing they can do for me because apparently I didn't use the web site correctly, go figure. Not sure there was any way to submit multiple receipts as one submission on the web. Taterhead and Kevinakaq did you guys submit online or by mail?

If I were doing it again I think I would submit by mail to make sure all items are received as one submission.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by desiko View Post
    This is hilarious, I just called Vista too and what they are saying now is completely different from when I submitted! They say multiple receipts are allowed and multiple items are allowed but only one submission will be accepted. And, there is nothing they can do for me because apparently I didn't use the web site correctly, go figure. Not sure there was any way to submit multiple receipts as one submission on the web. Taterhead and Kevinakaq did you guys submit online or by mail?

If I were doing it again I think I would submit by mail to make sure all items are received as one submission.
    I have not yet done it, but I will try to remember to update this thread when I do. On the website below the input form for the UPC and quantity, there is an "Add another Item" link. I believe the key is that everything must be bunched together on the same submission.

Boolit Bub
    I submitted $307 in items yesterday. A chargemaster and a set of dies. I did the rebate online, and expect to get 100 dollar rebate. I'll try and update this post when I get it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by desiko View Post
    Taterhead and Kevinakaq did you guys submit online or by mail?

I submitted online, 5 or 6 different items to get to the 100.00 gift card range..
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Bub
    Got this email today.

Dear dirtjumper895:

Congratulations! Your rebate for the Buy Green Get Green has been approved.

Please allow approximately 6 to 8 weeks to receive your reward.

If you would like to track the status of your submission, please visit: https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/status-lookup

So from my date submitted until when they approved the rebate was 10 days. Doesn't seem too bad. We will see if mailing takes the 6-8 weeks!

Anybody else get a simular reply/response time?

Boolit Bub
    Just got my 100 dollar prepaid Visa today from RCBS. Hopefully this gives hope to others that submitted the form for the rebate.

Boolit Master

I submitted a rebate toward the end of April. 5 different items adding up to over $300. Online submission was straightforward. $100 rebate debit card arrived today. No issues. I've actually never had issues with the RCBS rebate program.

Boolit Buddy
    Received my 100 card too in the mail today. Did it online, was received and approved the next day. Took little over a month, submitted on 4-21.