Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need a new model SIG 210?

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for your opinions and insight, Duke especially, I read both of your linked threads. As much as I'd love to find one locally, to look over personally, I think I probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery. After posting this, I sent a good friend who possesses an FFL and also admires well made pistols, a link to the SIG site about the 210. He mentioned having shot one years ago and was very impressed, but life and family took priority and he had forgotten about that model, until I hit the "reset" button for him. I believe he is now motivated to become a new owner as well! I believe that I will start saving for one, maybe sell something that's collecting dust, work a few extra hours, what ever it takes. Hopefully something else doesn't come along that "I really need" in the mean time to upset the plan. Thank Bill

Boolit Buddy
    Another one to look at is the CZ Shadow 2, and it's a couple hundred less. I splurged, did some selling and trading and have ended up with both the p210 and the cz shadow 2. Both are wonderful pistols. The CZ is heavy, and the trigger is phenomenal. I imagine an old Czech gunsmith in a basement with a jeweler's files working on the trigger. The CZ is a competition gun, but holy heck it is nice. Wish you were in Pa so you could try both.

Boolit Mold
    I usually don’t buy magazines but just picked this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I have one. Shoots great. Trigger is very nice. I wrote a review of it in Michigan gun owners under product reviews. Very accurate. I also have a 952-2 and several 1911s in 9mm. The 210 is a very nice gun that shot several different loads accurately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Here's a link to my review http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=395932

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for your response and the review of the 210. I have started saving for one of these! I recently stopped by the 3rd and last, local to me gun store and as expected, none to be found. This is why I'm happy to hear directly from owners, rather than rely on articles from magazines. It will be a near guarantee that I will have to order one sight unseen. Thanks again Bill

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    I would like one.... Heck I would like a French M1935 (which is a lot like the P210)
    I do have one of those. It is like a SIG P-210 that got shrunk in the wash. It dotes upon Lyman #313249 at 1050 FPS or so.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Is the 210 on the "approved list" for MA?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    It does not appear on California's "DOJ Roster" for sale in CA.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

need, whats need got to do with it!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    It does not appear on California's "DOJ Roster" for sale in CA.
    I think Mass. has a similar list, that is where the OP lives.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned

Boolit Buddy
    TO35 - Good point!, as I don't buy a lot of new handguns here, as most of my interests are in older stuff. I just checked and it doesn't show on the "Approved List" yet, but hopefully by the time I've saved my pennies, the list will be updated. While looking at the list, I did notice that both the S&W 952-1 and 952-2 are both "Approved", as well as a bunch of the SIG models. My last new purchase here, was for a S&W 45 Shield, had already been released to the public everywhere else, but here in MA. I spoke to someone with knowledge about the Approved list and they told me it gets updated quarterly. Took about 6 months of waiting, dealers had them, but couldn't transfer them. Within a week of making the list I had one, not really expensive, but glad I waited for it, rather than settle for something else already on the list. Hopefully, this turns out the same way! Thanks again Bill

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    I do have one of those. It is like a SIG P-210 that got shrunk in the wash. It dotes upon Lyman #313249 at 1050 FPS or so.
    It sure does. I held one years ago when I lived in MS. The gunshop had a few of them and wanted them GONE. He was practically giving them away, but it was before I reloaded so the prospect of getting one (or 2) was not there on my E-4 budget and no reloading.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12