Load DataWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lookey what showed up

Lookey what showed up

Fully rifled NOS, fits beretta 12ga 301, 302, 303 autoloaders.

BB

BBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180321_153132.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	216839

Boolit Master
    Nice. You where so excited you forgot to put it on the gun. I have never owned a rifled barrel. I like the looks of them sights. Its always been a bead and smooth bore for me. Humm off to gb I go. Thanks for sharing

Boolit Grand Master
    You will love Hastings. they are great.

Banned
    Congratulations my friend for making a good decision of getting a rifled barrel. The fun starts now cooking newer loads,
    Best regards,
    Ajay Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, I should probably break down and buy one as well. We'll see in a while how toy money is doing.

What do you plan on running through that one... bore size or wad slugs? Or both? Whatever works best is the probably answer there I guess. I know that's what I'd do.

Longbow

Boolit Master

Autoloader huh? Heh heh heh.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Yeah, I should probably break down and buy one as well. We'll see in a while how toy money is doing.

What do you plan on running through that one... bore size or wad slugs? Or both? Whatever works best is the probably answer there I guess. I know that's what I'd do.

Longbow
    LB,

Fullbore slugs, both hollow base and flat base. I also have 3D printed sabots to try with hornady 265g JFN bullets.

I must confess I already have a couple of rifled 12ga slug guns but this new barrel was too cheap to pass up.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Autoloader huh? Heh heh heh.
    HT,

Yep. Do you know where I can get a drum magazine for a beretta 303?

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Nice. You where so excited you forgot to put it on the gun. I have never owned a rifled barrel. I like the looks of them sights. Its always been a bead and smooth bore for me. Humm off to gb I go. Thanks for sharing
    Outer,

You mean I also have to buy another shotgun? You tell my wife for me, okay?

How close are you to Ballston Spa? I spent several years in the 70s working at the Navy nuclear facility in West Milton. I loved the Genny Cream Ale.

BB

Boolit Master
    Get those sabot slugs worked out, I have two Marlin 512 Slug Masters to feed! Congrats

1.3 oz heat treated FB HB slug over 40g of Blue Dot shot from a light autoloader without a recoil pad will leave a mark! Promising first range day, offhand 50 yard 4" group, with open sights. Probably not going to shoot groups from the bench, too much recoil, plus I ain't gonna take the bench hunting with me. Headed back to the range next week, will get pics.

NY57,

I've got a good load for the 512 but it is with a FB solid base 1.6 oz slug over 65g of SR 4759. I probably will not get to test the sabots in the 512 till summertime.

BB

Banned
    Greetings Brother Bikerbeans, you sure will notice when you fire the 512 with a FB solid base 1.6 oz slug over 65g of SR 4759.
    **--** If I remember correctly we stopped around 60 gr and that too with 470 gr slug in sabot, was plenty fast.

Best regards,
    Ajay Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    Outer,

You mean I also have to buy another shotgun? You tell my wife for me, okay?

How close are you to Ballston Spa? I spent several years in the 70s working at the Navy nuclear facility in West Milton. I loved the Genny Cream Ale.

BB
    The Navy as a facility in West Milton? Why? For Pete's sake, it's a hundred miles from the ocean!!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Ever hear of China Lake California? No ocean around there either.

Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    The Navy as a facility in West Milton? Why? For Pete's sake, it's a hundred miles from the ocean!!
    Training facility to teach sailors how to operate surface ship and submarine nuclear power plants. Navy figured if you removed sinking as an outcome of the training it would be safer. I was an instructor at the facility, none of my students worked at 3 Mile Island or Chernobol.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Greetings Brother Bikerbeans, you sure will notice when you fire the 512 with a FB solid base 1.6 oz slug over 65g of SR 4759.
    **--** If I remember correctly we stopped around 60 gr and that too with 470 gr slug in sabot, was plenty fast.

Best regards,
    Ajay Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Ajay,

65g isn't a max load with that slug but it will get your attention. I launched 10 of them this morning and no weaver bite, but not from the bench.

BB

Banned
    Hello Bikerbeans did you get to chrono that load at 65 gr charge?

Best regards,
    Ajay

Ajay,

I have in the past, but don't trust my memory, but I remember 1,300 fps range.

BB

Boolit Mold
    Hastings has great barrels. I put then on older 1100’s so I can run a short barrel with chokes.

No pics again, left the targets stapled to the OSB target stand. With my beretta and hastings barrel with open sights I put 3 slugs into a 5" at 100 yards. I was seated at the bench but had to improvise a rest, as the beretta wouldn't fit the rifle rest I brought. I used a splat target and needed a scope to see the bullet holes, which tells alot about my eye sight. At 50 yards I can shoot the same size group standing offhand so I think this shotgun is ready to hunt.

The load is a 1 5/16 oz turbo HB FB heat treated slug, 40g Blue Dot, 12s3 wad w/o petals, (1) 3/16" nitro card in a 2 3/4 win estate hull with a roll crimp. I compress the load with approx 50 lbs of force immediately before roll crimping.

BB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast