WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: RCBS Grand

Boolit Master

RCBS Grand

LGS in Bath, NY has an RCBS Grand, priced at $350. I know they go for a lot more new.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

That’s a steal on a fantastic shotshell press. They can be hard to get, but they come with fantastic warranties.

Boolit Grand Master
    At that price I would buy it. The reports I heard early on is that plastic bits and pieces tended to break. Not sure if the newer ones or replacement parts have addressed the problems they had but others loved them. And if there are parts that tend to break, getting a few spares is not going to be expensive.

My only concern would be that RCBS has never made a progressive that works well but this machine is still supported and the price is right.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I purchased one for a similar price, got knocked off onto the floor so now I have to find out what all needs replaced.....I was one unhappy guy that day!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    I bought mine right before the price of shot went thru the roof, so I've only loaded a few thousand rounds with it. But it hasn't given me any trouble, and loading with it is a breeze, and you can make a bucket of shells in no time at all. I haven't broken anything, but if I did I'm pretty sure the new part would be sent at no charge. RCBS and Dillon are the only two companies I still have respect for when it comes to customer service.

So if you have a cheap source for shot then I'd buy it in a minute, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Ken

Boolit Master

I've wanted one of those for some time. But I'd need to stumble upon a bundle of shot for a great price to justify purchasing one.

Midway has them on sale now for $638, and RCBS has a $175 rebate this month. So $463 plus shipping. Not too shabby.

$350 is even better!

Boolit Buddy
    I had decided that with shot prices, shot shell just wasn't worth it. Then about 7 years ago I was at the Gander Mountain in Ocala FL. They had a 20 gauge Grand marked $500, with a sign saying 50% of lowest marked price. So for $250 it was mine. Also picked up a 12 gauge conversion for $125.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I shoot a lot of reclaimed shot to keep the price down. Works well for twenty three yards or less. Use premium shot for anything longer.
    The RCBS is a very underrated press. Uses a collet sizer and won’t drop powder/shot unless a Shell is in the station. Way more expensive press still don’t do that.