Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers for my Sister

Boolit Master

Amen to all the prayers, in the Name of Jesus, Amen!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

Moderator Emeritus

Prayers up for her and family. God bless you all. None of us is here forever, and we all have an appointed departure time. Those of us who live long enough to get things like Alzheimer's are truly the "lucky ones," to use an often heard term. Many times, we only look at the "problems" that face us, and forget to be grateful for a long life, and the ensuing opportunity to love and serve our families and communities. Our departure is necessary, though, if we are ever to see Heaven, and we all too often forget that fact. Keeping a proper perspective is difficult with creatures such as we are, with our heavy reliance on our "feelings" instead of our intellects, and higher instincts.

God bless you all, and it may be a good idea to use whatever time remains to just enjoy her, and rediscover just how much we mean to each other. I think God would smile on that. And may her exit from this plane of existence be as merciful and peaceful as possible.

My Dad had Alzheimer's, but the one thing that even Alzheimer's can't do, is change a person's essential personality. It CAN make one less patient, and of course, all the other things it's so well known for, like memory, facial recognition, etc. But it cannot change the essential nature of a person. I've often thanked God for that, with my Dad. It's a comfort to know that they're largely still the same as they've always been, without the memory and other std. stuff. Dad never lost his sweetness, nor his ire, when sufficiently provoked. I'll always remember how he bore the disease, and how he departed seemingly of his own free will - as though he just got tired of the "suffering," and simply elected to pass this veil and go on to the next. He always had a lot of courage.

Moderator Emeritus

rockrat....you are so correct about the power of prayer....great news brother....please keep us posted about her progress.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Prayers sent for both her and family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12