Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Non optic Red Dot sight

Boolit Master

Non optic Red Dot sight

I was thinking of getting a red dot sight to mount on a TC barrel. I have never used one but these eyes are not as sharp as they once were. Looking at Midway, the price range is from $150-450. How well do they handle recoil? What is a good range(price wise) to mount on a barrel and then move it to another?
    Thanks in advance
    Leadmelter
    MI

I started switching irons to Red Dot sights some 3 years ago.

To be honest all of mine have been in the 60-65$ range. Truglo has worked the best for me.

Some of those are non optic, some are 2x magnification. Which I find works really good for bringing those far targets in just a bit.

I currently have 4 of those on various guns from SKS to single shot Handi rifles.

A pair of non optics on a pair of Ruger Mk III 22/45's.

One on an air rifle worked rather well especially at shorter ranges.

For me I've been happy with them. They are much easier for these old eyes to shoot accurately.
    So far I have yet to have a problem with any of the Truglo Red Dots.

I do have one I need to replace the battery on.

Paying more you should be able to handle more recoil, get better durability.

Got any friends, acquaintances with any? Nothing beats holding it in your hands and seeing it in real life.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a old aimpoint that came on a gun works great
    I have a Burris fast fire 3 $200 that you can get different mounts for most guns, I have used that on .223, 45-70 in a tc contender, 45acp, 44 mag. I move it around for load development. One day I noticed glass was cracked, sent in warranty email, sent it back and they sent a new one (lifetime warranty) they are small but work great. Battery life is good I think, don't remember changing batteries

I have a 8 year old bushnell that eats batteries also.

Boolit Buddy
    If it were me...and it was a little while ago, I'd get one of the micro-dots from Holosun. They are great products and are the manufacturer for many of the companies that put their label on others' work, such as Primary Arms
    Domari Nolo

Bushnell TRS 25 $60-100 depending on source or the new TRS26 which has a much longer battery life.@$150ish.

Both of these sights are excellent bang for your buck and I have 6 and none have burped or farted.

Had one on my RGS77 in .308 for a while but moved to a 3-9x Leupold for that gun. Ran probably 200 rounds with the Red Dot and after sighting in no further adjustments have been needed.

Everybody sells these and Midway just had them for $60!

Good Luck, and a Red Dot will be of great use to you as it has been for many others.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com