Load DataRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap bullets for the AR

Boolit Grand Master

Cheap bullets for the AR

I did not know where to post this so Mods should move it as appropriate.

For those looking for cheap plinking bullets for their AR's, and struggling with .22 cal cast, Midsouth has bulk bullets on sale. I priced out 6000 Hornady 55 gr FMJ's and they came to less than $450 shipped and insured. That works out to $7.50/100. Including adding a GC, using 92-2-6 alloy, my cost is about $4/100 for cast bullets. YMMV but not worth it to me.

They have smaller quantities, Hornady match bullets, and other calibers on sale as well.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I just bought 3 weeks ago, from Midsouth, before that sale, 500 of the same bullet for about $45.00 + shipping. About a dime per bullet.

I don't shoot AR 223/5.56 that much, so I do not cast for it; I just buy the bullets to load. Maybe I will start casting for it sometime this year though. Only if I feel the need & get a "sale" or something.

I would like to say though, any time someone sees a sale & passes it on it is good, IMO.

Thanks!

P.S. - To the PTB...I still think there should be an "AR" sub forum.
    hint hint..
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I have used Midsouth’s “bulk” bullets in 34, 50and 55gr bullets and am more than happy with them. The 50gr SP’s are really grenades when they hit varmints and water bottles! Todd/3leg

Boolit Buddy
    Rocky mountain reloading.
    New 55gr fmjs $82.00 per k shipped and they always have a sale $74.00 to your door and they are fine people to deal with.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I've been impressed by Midsouth . When .224" FMJ bullets by the case were hard to find . When they had them they were reasonable , if I remember right it was about $460 a case delivered . You did have to watch for them because the word was out and they sold fast .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    Midsouth has always been the GO TO for me.
    Seems they have the best prices or are so close with them that if you need to order other things they are the way to go!
    Most times at least.
    Thanks for the heads up on the .223 5.56 I'm putting together summers loads now.

Like you Idon't cast for it so I'm always looking for the good jacketed deals.
    Rich

Boolit Buddy
    Monmouth has 8000 hornady $565 + shipping
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Buddy

I've had great luck with hornadys from Monmouth.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up 1k worth 55G J- soft points for 33.97 shipped. Sale is over it ended yesterday. I am not a big fan of 223/5.56 so this will last me a lifetime.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    Outer , who was selling them at that price ?

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I just picked up 1k worth 55G J- soft points for 33.97 shipped. Sale is over it ended yesterday. I am not a big fan of 223/5.56 so this will last me a lifetime.
    I would gladly pay $3.40 per hundred for bullets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...oint-500-count

^ $39.99/500 2 day sale ( starts today) for anyone interested...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Master
    This one is better. Its a boat tail. Easier to load in cases. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...oint-500-count Comes up 39.99 in my cart.

Boolit Master
    I buy my .224 bullets, both FMj's and Spire pointsx from Monmouth. I think they have a good price, both for the product and for shipping, and great customer service.

Boolit Master
    I can barely get my order in and you guys want me to give up my source. I have been trying to get an order of bullets for two months. Finally got one box in. It ships today. Shipping is slow and I will give up my source. What they have to offer changes daily. I love their 50% off sales. I think they are getting ready to do a 35% off 45acp. Its AmericanReloading.
    If you join their link they will send you emails with deals. But be warned they sell out in minutes. Oh shipping is free I think. Mine always has been.

Boolit Master
    Some possibilities here:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotio...mpaign=process

PLUS... there is a 10% discount going on there, as well:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/promo/save30-032018

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Be sure to clarify you goals. If you want a large and reasonably high quality inventory for low dollar outlay, then wait for Wolf to go on sale and buy as much as you can afford. I assume there is no market whatsoever for "high grade sniper quality ammuntion in this caliber. If you just want to do it yourself, then buy some brass, buy some dies, and buy a LEE mould and get to work, as the quality will probably be on par with or exceed that of Wolf.

Boolit Master
    Dunno about anyone else... I am just passing on what I run across.

It is up to the buyer/reloader if they want to buy & how they set up their rounds. Plinking, hunting, match grade..etc..

I reckon I have 2 options.

Share when I find something that might be to someones advantage...

Or, Not.

When I see folks not appreciating the sharing with one another, well then...

I think I will choose the 2nd.

Ya'll enjoy.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Dunno about anyone else... I am just passing on what I run across.

It is up to the buyer/reloader if they want to buy & how they set up their rounds. Plinking, hunting, match grade..etc..

I reckon I have 2 options.

Share when I find something that might be to someones advantage...

Or, Not.

When I see folks not appreciating the sharing with one another, well then...

I think I will choose the 2nd.

Ya'll enjoy.
    Im with you. Im just passing it on. As for high quality well it depends on what your doing. For me letting guys get trigger time. No need to work out a really high quality load for a 223 in my mind. If it can ring a steel plate at 200 I am happy when it comes to 223.

Most of the time guys looking for bulk are not looking for high quality in my mind. Even more often when it comes to 223 they are looking to just play soldier and spit them out some kinda AR platform. That is fine also if it is what you like.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Im with you. Im just passing it on. As for high quality well it depends on what your doing. For me letting guys get trigger time. No need to work out a really high quality load for a 223 in my mind. If it can ring a steel plate at 200 I am happy when it comes to 223.

Most of the time guys looking for bulk are not looking for high quality in my mind. Even more often when it comes to 223 they are looking to just play soldier and spit them out some kinda AR platform. That is fine also if it is what you like.
    Yup the 5 AR's get the bulk 5.56 pull downs or sale bullet heads.
    The bolt action and single shot gets the Hornady VMAX, Nosler and SPEER.

Big difference is can't hunt with the AR's here in PA so they are just fun blaster guns and 300+ rounds out of one in a session is nothing.
    The bolt and single action are used for hunting and they are dialed in with good quality accurate loads with a lot more time an money involved in the load.
    The bolt and single shot don't see 300 rounds together in two years since they are not for just blasting and the loads cost a lot more to load.

So when ever someone posts up a link for blaster bullets or hunting heads I take note and AM GREATFUL!

Funny thing is I'm tossing together a bunch of AR blasters right now for summer fun.
    With 6 people in the house 300 rounds goes fast on a summer day out at the private range.

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast