Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Les Baer 1911 Retirement present to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Yeah, you can. You’ll probably pay more direct from Les than you would from John.
    Agree. Crazy John has good prices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Agree. Crazy John has good prices.
    The last 2 I bought from him beat the Les Baer price by over $400.00. One was a stainless UTC.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I've always wanted a Clark too. I've never shot a Clark and maybe their better. I figured I'd go with the Les Baer simply because they are Iowa based and being an Iowan I'm not too awful far if I need something done to it.
    You will not go wrong with the Les Baer. I was not suggesting the Clark was any better...because I do not know! I owned two Long Slide Clarks so I know they are great guns and I lusted for a Les Baer as well but reality of both ability and funds got in the way. I cannot even shoot well enough now to need anything better than my Kimber Team Match.

Go with the Baer if that is what you really want. Sometimes wants must be met even if not needed. You worked your whole life...you earned it!!!

Enjoy!
    Don Verna

Boolit Man
    If you would consider hard chrome then look at the 572.

Boolit Master

Stainless is a fine and dandy thing for concealed carry, hunting, etc. . ., but carbon steel is the material of choice when it comes down to the hand work that goes into fitting super-sexy custom guns like that.

If you're looking for a match pistol, check out the rules of the game or games you might be playing. I believe CMP recently changed the rules for the Distinguished Marksman (EIC) matches to allow most of the modern upgrades to a 1911 such as beavertail grip safeties, oversize and ambidextrous thumb safeties, etc..., but historically, most of that stuff wouldn't fly, and you were basically only allowed something that looked like a GI gun with adjustable sights.

Ultimate Master 5" if you've got some flexibility in that, the CMP-legal NM Hardball if you don't.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

If you can’t go factory direct, Crazy John is the way to go. He has the best prices and is very helpful. We stopped by the factory to drop off a friend’s pistol for some work and were lucky enough to meet Les himself. Start your forearm workout now, the Les Baers are tight. But man do they shoot!

Boolit Master
    I have the Heavyweight Monolith. I cannot begin to express the quality and craftsmanship of this gun. Words cannot explain how the gun feels and shoots. I have owned A BUNCH of different 1911 types. I had a really nice series 70 Gold Cup National Match that was a really nice 1911.

My Monolith makes that Colt look/feel/shoot like a kids cap-gun. It is the only 1911 I have ever owned in which I know if I miss, it was my fault and not the gun's fault. If you are near Northern Michigan, I would drive some distance to show you how they feel and shoot. Did I mention they look pretty darn cool as well? My gun has an Eliason style rear sight that is surely fine tune-able. ---Precise and Strong

PM me if you have any technical questions. I would love to answer them

There is a very cool Youtube video that features Les walking through his shop at different stations. Congratulations on your retirement and the gift you are getting for yourself.

Boolit Master
    There is "SOMETHING" for that new car smell. Never had one my self, BUT you have had a good "RUN" working, Go out in style....

I picked up my LB Prowler III as my E7 promotion gift back in 2011. Still absolutely in love with it. For Stainless, I’d say either the Custom Carry if you want fixed sights, or the stands by PII for adjustable sights.....congratulations on the retirement. I got mine backwards as I bought a Colt Combat Commander when I made E8 last year, go figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D0CA5C80-9D12-42EE-868E-788973BB85E2.jpeg  

Banned
    I just want to say that veryone has been so kind and I appreciate all the good wishes for my retirement. I never realized that there were so many models of the Les Baer, Clark, and a few others. I absolutely fell in love with another brand but to be honest it is above the amount that I am setting aside. I think I am stuck with the Les Baer 572 Hemi unless I receive some type of windfall thru the lottery or a long lost relative neither of which I'm going to see.

That is a fine looking Prowler by the way. So many guns and so little time left to enjoy them and I'm going to try to make the best of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12