WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Air fryer?

Boolit Master

Air fryer?

I’ve seen some discussions of a new gizmo called an air fryer. It’s supposed to let you get fried taste and texture with just a tiny amount of added oil. Anybody have one? Is it a gimmick or does it actually work? It sounds too good to be true.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    One of my coworkers has one that she LOVES. She raves about it and she's not in the business of selling them so I'm inclined to believe her. I love crispy fried foods but not the health or lack there of so I'm up to trying one but they are pricey. I'd like to hear others experiences with them too.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    We got one about a month or two ago. Made by Dash.
    https://www.target.com/p/dash-900w-1...y/-/A-52532650

It is, "OK", IMO.

We've tried fresh cut raw potatoes(fires) which were OK, but not like deep fried,
    single fresh raw chicken breast ( home seasoned) and they were not too bad,
    home made wonton wraps of several kinds; sausage, cheese & ranch dressing/ sausage cheese & salsa, etc.,

then store bought snacks like mini pizza rolls, jalepeno poppers ( both kinds),hash browns( just OK), french fries, ( pretty good) & even some tater tots( OK to pretty good).

I even broke up a frozen Totinos personal pizza into small enough pieces to fit, then tried those & they actually came out alright enough to eat.

There are other recipes we have yet to try though. Including the ones in the little recipe book part of the instruction manual
    It cost us about $35-40 frogskins on sale & I think it has paid for itself by now.

Would we buy another? Only if we could get one cheaper that what we paid for what we got. I would look for one that could do larger portions as well.

If ya like "fried snacks" in pretty much "single serving" ( the one "we" bought) it might be worth it to ya, but if you are expecting "deep fried" texture & appearance it is not gonna do it for ya.

G'Luck! with whatever ya decide.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

Regular deep frying leaves maybe 2 teaspoons of oil on the food if you drain properly on a rack, for fries I use paper towels on a rack. Key is elevate the food and let it drain 5 minutes for fries and 10 for stuff like chicken.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/seaso...transcript.htm