Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: NOE 453-200 Initial Run

Boolit Grand Master

NOE 453-200 Initial Run

I've had this 4-cavity mould sitting on the shelf for a year or three, finally ran out of 45acp ammo so it was time to see how NOE's copy of the H&G 68 works.
    In a word; great! I did the heat-cycle break-in process when the mould arrived but today was the first run with lead. Boolits dropped about .4535 and 213.4 grs from my scavenged WW alloy with the beautiful satin finish I've come to expect from NOE moulds. Mould was prepped on a hot plate but needed a couple of pours to finish bringing it up to temp. After I found this mould's tempo it was smooth sailing, just had to remember to add an ingot every few minutes.
    I'm letting a coat of Lee tumble lube dry on a few of them, I'm hoping I don't have to run this boolit thru a lubrisizer. I'm planning a large batch of practice ammo for my carry gun and want to streamline the process. I don't shoot my 1911's as often as I should but somehow they get dirty and the ammo comes up missing so it appears this new mould and my trusty Dillon 550 will earn their keep over the next week or so.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Good luck with that new NOE mold, TxGunNut!

As you know, try some out before going "whole hog" on production, just in case you need to adjust something.
    A deplorable that votes!