Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There are some quality firearms for $200 or less

Boolit Master

There are some quality firearms for $200 or less

I have come to realize that there are actually some high quality firearms out there for $200 or less.

I recently purchased an NAA mini revolver in .22 Short for $200, just for the heck of it. It’s a great conversation piece at the range.

I also bought a Savage Rascal .22 single shot rifle for $149 to use to teach my young grandkids to shoot. It’s small and fits them perfectly, and is well built.

Anything in that price range that you’ve bought that you’d like to share?
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    Yes there are. The Marlin Model 60 is another good sub-$200 gun.

I started collecting a set of Stevens 107b single shot shotguns to match the .410 I inherited from my Dad. Those have all been under $200.

Hipoint Pistols, I'd be looking at .380 or 9mm.

Carbines are IMO also a good deal and if you shop around you can save some bucks.

My last 2 single shot H&R/NEF rifles were both .44mag, paid right at 200-250 plus FFl.

Frankly I'm tickled with both of them, they both shoot. One has a wood stock with an 2x Red Dot scope, other has composite black stock with a 1.5-5 variable. This one is actually more accurate for range work but I would be willing to bet if I swapped sights all of a suddden the other would be in the lead.

Been shooting 200 or 218 gr cast over 6.5 grains of Red Dot.
    Mild to shoot, easy on the shoulder, with a big thump on the far end. Ohh and almost dont hear the shot its so quiet.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Plus one for the Marlin model 60!!!!!! Probably bought and sold a dozen or more for that fact, back during the ‘80’s and 90’s. Never had a bad one. Winchester 190 also. ( won’t buy the model 60 for $25 from the local pawn shop anymore,that’s for sure).
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Banned

I have two Marlin 795s
    Bought years ago
    Stick mags, last round bolt hold-open.
    Very happy
    As good a deal as you will get

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    Plus one for the Marlin model 60!!!!!! Probably bought and sold a dozen or more for that fact, back during the ‘80’s and 90’s. Never had a bad one. Winchester 190 also. ( won’t buy the model 60 for $25 from the local pawn shop anymore,that’s for sure).
    I remember when the Marlin model 60 was priced new at 69.95! My older brother still has mine from when I was 12. Many squirrel taken with that gun!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

At one time Marlin claimed that the m60 was the #1 selling rifle in the country. I believed it. We have a doggy old "store brand" Marlin 60 with a BSA 4x on it that thinks it's an Anschutz some days. I second the Hi-point pistol nomination- I'm always scouring the local ads and stores looking for used ones. They are great for what they are.My Heritage Rough Rider is crudish but works in the end as well as my Single Six Ruger. I'll also nominate the Yildiz folding shotgun from Turkey. AMAZING fit and finish for a $120 gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

The ChiCom 870 clones are also a fantastic deal and built like tanks.
    Not a lot of room between the clones and the genuine 870s.
    Also the Chinese Stevens shotgun clones work well.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently purchased a JC Penney Model 60 for $149 and a Marlin Mod 99 for $129.

Six months ago I picked up a .30-06 Stevens 200 for $225. Not under $200. Rare to find that close to 2 bills around these parts.

Isaac

Boolit Master
    The T/C Compass can sometimes be found for just over $200 if there's a rebate. There's a handful of excellent chambering choices, and the guns are super accurate. I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor, and I'm thinking of picking one up in 204 Ruger too.

One of the best sub $500 bolt actions.

Yeat another +1 for Marlin M60. And got my Marlin XT-22 for $199.99. Shoots lights out!

Boolit Master

The Ruger LCP 1st model can be had from 169 to 199.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    The T/C Compass can sometimes be found for just over $200 if there's a rebate. There's a handful of excellent chambering choices, and the guns are super accurate. I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor, and I'm thinking of picking one up in 204 Ruger too.

One of the best sub $500 bolt actions.
    I have several that with the rebate were all under $200. All are MOA or better.

Hi Point sells the best pistols for under $200 that you can buy.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    The most I have ever paid for a gun was $200. That was a H&R Handi rifle in 45/70 with a Bushnell Red Dot scope and two boxes of ammo.
    Other than that Walmart has racks full of good firearms for under $200. I have purchased a couple there too. Not to mention deals on armslist.

USMC 77, USRA 79

One that I just love is my traditions Buck Stalker in .50 Cal. Break open, solid as a rock, and the newer model has a speed breech that come out with only a turn or 2.. ease and fast to clean. Drilled and tapped for a scope, and a lot like my single shot shotguns. I have several, an older one and a new one, and both were just under 200 bucks. A great utility BP gun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B810A2F1-26E8-447C-B348-5098323AEEF0.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	232878
    Marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a collection of H&R Handi rifles that were all under $200, my truck gun is a Kel Tec PF9 that has been reliable with everything I've put thru it and cost me just over $200, they're out there.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Banned
    Now if you want something GOOD, a TC Compass, net of rebate is $225.00.

Boolit Master

I'd love to say my Maverick 88 was flawless, but I have had a handful of light primer strikes with several different brands of shells.

Boolit Master

There really are some good deals on decent guns out there. We all like to remember the good old days when guns were cheap, but apart from cheap surplus, I think they might be cheaper nowadays than ever, at least for some guns (other than really nice revolvers).

You always hear about how an 1873 Colt or a Winchester rifle cost the average cowboy a month's wages back in the old west. Nowadays a working man can buy a decent usable gun for a day's wages, or less. When work is really busy for me and I'm working long overtime days, I could buy something fairly nice with a day's wages.

I have a couple really cheap revolvers from around the turn of last century. They probably sold for the equivalent of less than half the current cost of a Heritage .22 or Hi-Point, but knowing the quality and durability of those old revolvers, even a Hi-Point is a far, far better gun.

I've been pretty impressed with my little Heritage Rough Rider, for a $130 gun. It's really not bad at all.
    Last edited by fatelk; 12-29-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast