Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't mess with my pain meds until you have something better!!

Moderator Emeritus

At which point the stress and lack of sleep from being in massive pain will kill me. How to trigger a heart attack in one easy step...

And I have had pain docs tell me it is psychological. I told them to hand me an ice pick and let me ram it into their lumbar area then twist it around. Shut them up fast and got my prescription as needed. Low back for me is my major issue but shoulders some days can hurt bad enough I can barely use my arms, tonight my right wrist is swollen, I over did yesterday helping a friend build a box on his utility trailer. Screw gun triggered my carpal tunnel and they cannot do surgery again(did it twice already). Any given day it can be low back, mid back(have a ruptured disc compressing a nerve there and they cannot operate unless it threatens my life), neck, either shoulder, either wrist, either knee(right is really getting bad), either hip(nerve damage left, bone spur right that I pointed out on the xray before the doc did)...

Add in arthritis, fibromyalgia...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I lucked out and found that Viscoux (Rooster Comb) injections really help my knees, Lidocaine helped too but the other thing they tried didn't help. Pain sucks! Almost time for another set of Rooster Comb shots. If what you've been trying doesn't work, try something different maybe, it might help Dr's do sometimes get a little egotistical, and need a verbal thwap between the eyes, they forget that they don't know everything!

Boolit Master
    Egotistical is the under statement of the milennium for doctors.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Moderator Emeritus

MaryB thorasic herniations are fun...I have six. Lucky for me the docs all say how rare it is for someone to have herniated thorasics......

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    I've had TWO back surgeries........and still have mild pain. Normally ibuprofen helps...but does not eradicate.....the pain. I try to be very careful of my back but on occasion I do something stupid and I NEED those pills. I have a 30 day supply that lasts me about 4 months, which shows you how few I actually take.

I understand there's an opioid problem.........but I'm not causing it and I'll be hanged if some government agency is going to make my life miserable because of someone else's abuse!
    But that doesn't make any sense at all.

if criminals are the excuse liberals use to impose gun control on law abiding people, then doesn't that hold true for pain medications also?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    MaryB thorasic herniations are fun...I have six. Lucky for me the docs all say how rare it is for someone to have herniated thorasics......
    T10-11 for me. And there are some critical nerves through the thoracic that if pinched wrong can kill you. Standing and not moving doing a task is the worst thing I can do, feels like I have a knife between the lower end of the shoulder blades then. So tasks like doing dishes I do in small segments. I really need to get a small apartment size portable dishwasher to make life easier. Just hasn't been in the budget(they cost more than a full size!)

Moderator Emeritus

Spent a night in hospital when I was 35 thinking might be heart attack. Left arm numb, banding across chest, etc.. They tried the blood gas test by sticking a needle in my wrist three times and guy couldn't get it to work. Extremely painful. Told him try it again and I am gonna knock you through that wall. Got an experienced nurse in who did it painlessly. I probably will start glowing in the dark from all the thallium stress test meds.

Boolit Master

The idiots finally got a clue as to what they did to we

.......people who aren't spring chickens anymore or have had multiple invasive spinal surgeries or otherwise. A bit lengthy but worth every word. Keep writing your Representatives. First article I've read that makes a lick of sense you morons in Congress. A small excerpt:

"Political leaders and government officials often failed to note the bulk -- at least 60 percent, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services -- of the overdose epidemic was caused by illicit drugs, not prescription painkillers."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/as-op...any-to-suicide

Want to really screw something up? Put it in the hands of the Federal Government. Now I know why a group of Baboons is called a "Congress"

Spread the word, keep the faith.....
    Last edited by Tazman1602; 12-10-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

They claim the next new addiction...Legalized Marijuana ...will make you feel totally pain free , If you smoke enough of it .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

A friend of ours was complaining about how her doctor was no longer able to prescribe her pain med and she is scrambling to find a new doctor who is allowed to perscribe it. I quipped, (I know I shouldn't have because I know she is truly miserable, but I did any way,) " why don't you get them to give you some Marijuana instead of opioids". And don't you know that Is exactly what happened at her next visit. The doctor offered it to her in a form called CBD or something like that.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

They need to come up with a non- addictive pain reliever that works. I just had a pretty extensive spine operation. I could barely make it to the bathroom because of the pain. The only thing they would give me was ibuprofen. The surgeon would not even write a referral for pain management. So I finally get my surgery and now they are willing to give me something. So far I am lucky and don’t need it. It is like you have to have surgery before they believe you. I guess if they screw up your surgery, then they believe you are in pain. They gave me about 3 days of pain medicine after the surgery and none before. I think the drug companies make too much money off the opiods, and that is the reason why they don’t come up with something new. Sorry,rant over.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    All I wanted was a few Percocet, maybe 2 a week, for radiation damage and damage from a back surgery gone wrong that always hit me in the middle of the night. I just wanted to get some sleep. My Dr said OK for awhile, then no more. He sent me to a pain clinic. They said they'd give me a few a week but here's the catch - once a month they do a blood test and if they don't find the drug in my system, they'd cut me off, assuming that I was selling the stuff. So, if I had a good week and didn't need it, and they blood tested me, I'd be screwed.
    I had heard good things about melatonin so I gave it a try. The max dose is 10 mgs a day. From the first night, with only 1 mg, then 2, and now 3 mgs at bedtime, I sleep like a drunk baby. And there's no hangover the next day. All I can say is, it's worth a try.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    I have lots of back problems and pain. I can't take NSAIDs because I am on a blood thinner. I can't take Tylenol because I am on Methotrexate and It will kill my liver. The only thing that I could take was percocet. It worked to dull the pain. They have now made it almost impossible to get. I have had to add 2 more blood pressure meds and double my glyburide because the pain drove up my BP and blood glucose so much. Punish those that sell these drugs illegally, not those that need them.
    Tylenol is the best known over-the-counter (OTC) acetaminophen product.

Drug Description
    PERCOCET®
    (oxycodone and acetaminophen) Tablets, USP

WARNING
    Hepatotoxicity
    Acetaminophen has been associated with cases of acute liver failure, at times resulting in liver transplant and death. Most of the cases of liver injury are associated with the use of acetaminophen at doses that exceed 4000 milligrams per day, and often involve more than one acetaminophen-containing product.
    DESCRIPTION
    Each tablet, for oral administration, contains oxycodone hydrochloride and acetaminophen in the following strengths:
    Oxycodone Hydrochloride, USP 2.5 mg*
    Acetaminophen, USP 325 mg
    *2.5 mg oxycodone HCl is equivalent to 2.2409 mg of oxycodone.

Oxycodone Hydrochloride, USP 5 mg*
    *5 mg oxycodone HCl is equivalent to 4.4815 mg of oxycodone.

Oxycodone Hydrochloride, USP 7.5 mg*
    *7.5 mg oxycodone HCl is equivalent to 6.7228 mg of oxycodone.

Oxycodone Hydrochloride, USP 10 mg*
    *10 mg oxycodone HCl is equivalent to 8.9637 mg of oxycodone.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I take Percocet 10/325 every 4 hours. It doesn't get rid of the pain but it helps make it manageable. I fully understand people like Mary. I have had multiple back surgeries and have severe Arthritis. I'm still working after 50 years in the building trades. The drug doesn't bother me a bit as to side effects or make me "high" I was offered to try medicinal marijuana but it doesn't relieve this kind of pain and as I said I have to be alert in this job. I have had all manner of injections etc. to little relief and still get them hoping. I have been through all the physical therapy with no help. I have a good primary doctor and a good pain management outfit. Both have come to the realization that the first doctor who saw me was right when he told me....... I would never know a pain free day the rest of my life. I am too messed up inside and it can't be fixed. Your damage is mostly from very hard work for way too long. He did say he would do his best to manage the pain for me and that I would never be "addicted" to the medication. For people like you it works on the pain and you don't get a "buzz" I never do. Some people do need pain medications......it is as simple as that.

Boolit Master
    Keep in mind for those that use "Prescribed" medications for pain , that the Fed. Gooberment still will not allow those who are taking anything that involves Cannabis/Marijuana to purchase firearms. When you fill out the ATF form 4473, line # 11 (e), if you tell the truth, and are using any sort of Cannibis/Marijuana you will no longer be able to legally purchase firearms, even if your state says it is legal in their jurisdiction.

See for yourself:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/44...53009/download

While the use of prescribed medicines such as narcotics that are "prescribed" by an MD are a "lawful" use by Fed. Law. The use of marijuana is NOT LEGAL, regardless of it being "legalized" by any state.

As far as the Feds are concerned , you use Cannabis/Marijuana, you are, as far as the Fed gooberment is concerned, a Federally "Unlawful user" & are prohibited from buying a firearm. If you are dishonest and are caught being a "State legal user" ( addicted or not), you will be in just as much trouble for lying on the form about your use of a Federally " Illegal" & "Controlled Substance", as if you were not prescribed that substance.

Once someone has a state licensed MD prescribe the use of Cannabis/Marijuana, ( and even if issued a "card"
    by your state saying you are legal), you cannot state on the form that you are not an unlawful user as per the Federal Gooberment.

I am not sure I said it in the correct "legal" manner, but do not allow yourself to be caught in a legal "loophole" that makes you no longer eligible to Buy ( or possibly own) firearm arms.

I am not gonna argue this with anyone. Do your own research. But I will say that even if an MD offered Cannabis/Marijuana as a substitute for any other prescribed medicine to treat pain, I would not take that prescription. You can make your own choices about that. Of course.

Just be aware.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Legalize Marijuana Now.
    There, I said it. I watched my mother turn into a pain meds junkie thanks to doctors and opioids. She went from my loving Mom to a mean, calendar watching, driving herself to the ER in the wee hrs for pain meds person. By the time COPD claimed her, we were ready for God to take her Home.
    Maybe I'm extra bitter as I write this because I have to take my brother off of life support tomorrow. Sorry for the rant; please pray for me, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    GhostHawk, you are not that far from the border, Tylenol 3 can be bought at any drugstore in Canada, the last time I bought any, no prescription, iirc you can bring 2 bottles back and you can buy the 100 pill bottles. I can't take them because of my proffession, but I have picked them up for others several times.
    Be careful what you post, and what you do. If the Tylenol 3 you are bringing back into the USA contains codeine and you dont have a prescription in your name you are committing a felony.
    East Tennessee

Banned
    If your on a chemically created opiod that is stronger then say heroin, how da hell do you expect pot to magically work on your pain?

Kind of like putting a 3 cylinder 35 horse diesel engine in a Formula 1 car..

I smoked pot when I was younger. I never got any pain relief from it. I was in a bad car accident in my 20’s when I smoked it, but it never helped with pain. Unless they give it to you in some kind of concentrated pill form, I can’t imagine it helping. I really don’t know how they prescribe it for pain. I must be missing something.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Banned
    your missing a lot, a lot actually. The "pain" component came about as a way to mainstream pot. You know that not everyone with a handicap liscence plate is handicapped? I know many people with "tennis elbow" or "tennis knee" that have a handicap plate on their f250 or super duty

There be two components in pot that makes it do things, THC is the "happy chemical" while the "medical chemical" has nothing to do with getting happy, and its been proven that more thc means LESS medical chemical in it,,, so the pot shops are selling the hyper THC for "pain control" doesn't jive with science.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast