MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Anyone have experience with the Hornady Safeguard powder die and the control center?

Anyone have experience with the Hornady Safeguard powder die and the control center?

I have the control center and a powder cop die. Wondering if the lock-out die might be better?
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master
    I’m sure drainsmith will be along to answer that.

Boolit Master
    I have a powder cop. I only use it on a few cals I reload. Rounds that could get a double charge. 45 gap mostly. Some will say if you run your press right you are inspecting every station blah blah. Its a double check thing. If you have an open slot toss it in. That said I have not used mine in five years.

Boolit Master
    Seeing as you have the control panel I think I would be inclined to get the lockout die to go with it.

You guys are missing my point. I have a powder cop die and I use it. I want to know if the safe-guard die is better.
    R J Talley

Boolit Master

Not sure if this will answer your question since you have mentioned the lock out die and a safe guard die which I'm not familiar with. I use a lock out die and properly adjusted it locks up your press with either an empty case or a double charged case which the powder cop does not do, so it's safer in my opinion.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    I have a powder cop die as well. However if I had the control panel for my LNL I would get the Hornady lockout die for it as then you don’t have to keep looking at the powder cop.

Well, I called Hornady and....it's no longer available as a stand alone purchase but it is included with the deluxe control center. So, I spent an hour trying to find one. I ordered one off the bay only to have the order canceled an hour later due to an out of stock condition. Finally I found one for $54 shipped from a no-name dealer. Trouble is you can't use it and a bullet feeder in 45 ACP unless you have 6 die stations
    R J Talley