MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision

Thread: Real bummers

Boolit Master

Real bummers

Had to put our beloved Greyhound down, 11 1/2 years old with kidney failure, no suffering for him. He went everywhere with me, except grocery stores. He was known and loved by lots of folks around here, they see me now and say, " dont tell me something happened to him".
    Last week learned why wrists, arms and sometimes shoulder and neck hurts, carpitunnel ( again) and ulna nerve has to be moved. No casting, sizing or reloading or working on anything for me until both are done. 6-8 week recovery for each! Guess I' ll have to really take up bird watching? Not looking for sympathy , just suggestions.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Sorry about your dog. They become such good friends, and it's hard to see them go. They just don't live as long as we do.

Boolit Master

Yea, he was 4 when he quit racing and we got him. Our second one, dont think we' ll get another soon if ever.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Had to put down two wonderful friends and loyal pack mates in one year in 2015 ; hurt real bad. We now have apple trees planted on top of them. The pack is weaker without them, but stronger because of what they taught us!

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear it. I had to put down my hunting beagle years back and never could bring myself to get another dog.

Being 75 and closing rapidly on 76 I'm afraid to get another dog. I'd be worried that it would outlive me, and don't know what would happen to it following my departure. Sure miss having one though.

Boolit Master

We have a 9 year old lab like that.She goes every were with me been in most states. but she is starting to have problems getting up and down

Boolit Master
    For people who are afraid they are too old to get a dog or cat ,,m talk to your children. When we had to put our last dog down I mentioned to #2 son that I may be too lod to get another dog. He said get one and don't worrym, if it out lives you or momm I will take care of it. Got a new lab 1 1/2 years ago. Son stayed with us while he was getting ready to move to Oregon. Dogs that normally slept with me ,abandoned me and slept with him. He and his brother left for Portland about 10 hours ago. Dogs are sad and sleeping. If old dogs pass get a new one and have children that will take care of them. Us old people NEED dogs.

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear of your best friends passing(and dogs are our best friends!)

For the carpal tunnel do the PT they recommend after surgery! Did it twice on the right wrist and now I avoid repetitive motions as much as possible.

Boolit Master

Had right done in 94, left in 08. No PT, use my hands a lot, the reason it came back. Will do what the MD says, hes the Jax jags ortho guy. Our kids are a long way from us, have some good neighbors though, one we met because our Dogs were best friends. Go see them and their Dog, LOL!
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Sorry to hear about your dog they can truly be a best friend