RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: will i ever grow up??

Banned

My God mary I got looking around at articles about them and they even made some 401 randall pacers!! I could have probably made a living drag racing on Friday night with one of them!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    My God mary I got looking around at articles about them and they even made some 401 randall pacers!! I could have probably made a living drag racing on Friday night with one of them!!
    Would make a great sleeper ..... the Pacer. Back in the day my brother made a lot of money street racing a 59 Ford 4 dr sedan with no hubcaps....made it look like Mom's car that the kid popped the hubcaps off of. He had a built FE in it, with the firewall set back 9" so he could get more weight to the back....never beat anyone bad....had to keep them coming back for more. The V-8 Mustang and Camaro guys just couldn't quit trying.
    He bought a brand new GTO convertible with the proceeds.

Banned

Rich I think some underestimate the rural drag scene in Michigan back in the 60s and 70s. Heck they were made here and we proudly beat the snot out of them.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I pride myself on knowing my muscle cars but you taught me something. I had never heard of a randall gremlin. Kind of the copo Camaro of the amc crowd. Cool thing about amc is ALL of there v8s were made on the same block so you could plunk in any motor in a couple hours and be driving down the streat and even shed a couple pounds because the bigger pistons weighted less then the steal bored out of the block. Anything in the 60s and 70s that dipped into the 13s off the showroom floor was capable of beating anything on a given Friday night. Dip into the 12s and do it on street tires and you had yourself an animal that you had better know what your doing when you planted the go peddle.. today you can go to the ford, chev or dodge dealer and buy a car with there mid range power plant that will do mid 12s with the air on and get 25 mpg on the way home. I love those old muscle cars and would dearly like to be able to afford to buy my old 454 chevelle back but for what id pay for it I could buy a hellcat and a ss Camaro and both would smoke it. But no where near the cool factor. Id bet if you could come across one of those 20 gremlins you could probably retire on what its worth.
    They aren't to bad in price if you can find one... quite a few died in wrecks because that much power on that short wheelbase could stand them on the back bumper. I almost went over backwards one time when wind got under the front end off the line. Guys said the car was at close to 80 degrees vertical before it started coming back down. Bent the **** out of the front end that time and had to do some rebuilding. But parts were easy to find in the junkyards and were dirt cheap.

Banned

Ya I guess even rare needs desireable added to bring the big bucks. Sad thing is something like that will fade from the memorys of everyone in the short future. I appreciate you showing them to me. One guy here that thinks there ultra cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    will i ever grow up??

hopefully, not.
    +1
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Grand Master

You need my new cookbook Hog to Ham... Use it all but the oink!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123