MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: Photo upload limit

Photo upload limit

Seems as if I'm out of photo upload storage space. I'm wondering what to do about it, as I really like to share my photos, and most of them have a learning aspect connected with them. I've noticed in the past in researching old threads that there are often "photo removed by owner" (or something similar) and it really takes the enjoyment out of reading the thread. So, I'm wondering what can be done about it, as I'm really reluctant to delete my previously posted photos. Can I purchase more storage space? I even considered rejoining the forum with a different name, but somehow that doesn't seem too ethical. Need some advice..........?

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    It says I have exceeded my picture limit, so I sent $10 with paypal, but it still no workee.

Yes-- I was surprised that management didn't add some information to my original post. After waiting for a long time I sent an e-mail to No.1 and received a courteous reply that one can not purchase additional photo storage space. Also, he will smack you if you try rejoining under another name so as to acquire more space. So all you can do is (1) upload your photos to something like Photo Bucket, and then post links to them, or (2) bring up the complete list of all your photos that you have posted on this site and delete the ones that mean the least to you. Doing that frees up storage space and allows you to post photos again. That is the route that I've had to follow when the desire to post a photo on a new thread has arisen. I really hate to do it because I'm usually trying to inform or explain using a photo ("worth a thousand words"), and if someone does a search on a topic about which I posted the photo won't be there. In your case though, your avatar section indicates that you are subscribing at the lowest level. As you increase your subscription level you get more storage space with each subscription level, but once you're a Sponsor and you've used it up your alternatives are only as I've described.

Der G,
    I gave another $20 and now I can upload pics.
    Thanks.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...84#post4408684

Boolit Master

I've never posted photos but sometimes need to for selling items, etc. Almost anywhere I go on line, I see that photos have been deleted because of a change in Photo Bucket's rules. Like Der Gebirgsjager, photos often mean a lot to the understanding of posts.

What hosting site is a good alternative to Photo Bucket?
    John
    W.TN

I ran this by the other moderators and came up with, if you become top team boolits Sponsor member you get room to store 70 photos. The only option after that is to use an outside picture storage service. One suggestion after the Photobucket debacle is Imgar

https://imgur.com/

Have no experience with it so can't help beyond this.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I've never posted photos but sometimes need to for selling items, etc. Almost anywhere I go on line, I see that photos have been deleted because of a change in Photo Bucket's rules. Like Der Gebirgsjager, photos often mean a lot to the understanding of posts.

What hosting site is a good alternative to Photo Bucket?
    The Photobucket photo code is technically not deleted, Photobucket is just 'blocking' the code from retrieving the photo. Photobucket has threatened to delete all the free account's on Dec 31 2018, It will be interesting if they follow through, it will probably be the death of their website
    anyway, this is a temporary fix", so you can see those Photobucket photos that are on castboolits

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hotobucket-FIX
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned
    Imgur Easy and basically unlimited pictures

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...g-screen-shots

scroll down to Posting pictures using IMGUR

Boolit Buddy
    Grmps is a pro at this.

Boolit Master
    I have searched and searched to try and find out how to free up space for images and CAN NOT find out how to delete Images.

I even sent an "E" to someone that should be in the "know" and never received a reply.

HOW DO YOU DELETE IMAGES IN THE FILE. Especially since this forum does NOT bring up the images so that they can be seen. When I do go "manage attachments" all that comes up is a chart with meaningless information. NO IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure would be NICE if this forum was like the Marlin Owner's Forum or some of the others that showed the images that were on file and not just the useless numbers etc.

Can anyone walk this poster through a way to get the system so I can again post images?

This issue has gone on for some years now and no matter how much I search, I can find NOTHING to help!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot View Post
    I have searched and searched to try and find out how to free up space for images and CAN NOT find out how to delete Images.

I even sent an "E" to someone that should be in the "know" and never received a reply.

HOW DO YOU DELETE IMAGES IN THE FILE. Especially since this forum does NOT bring up the images so that they can be seen. When I do go "manage attachments" all that comes up is a chart with meaningless information. NO IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure would be NICE if this forum was like the Marlin Owner's Forum or some of the others that showed the images that were on file and not just the useless numbers etc.

Can anyone walk this poster through a way to get the system so I can again post images?

This issue has gone on for some years now and no matter how much I search, I can find NOTHING to help!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
    go to your inbox and click attachments

Boolit Master
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that I have waaaaaaay less on file then the system is equipped to handle. Way Less!

Wonder why I cannot attach images and have been unable to for some years!

At least, Now I can see what I do have on file.

THANKS AGAIN!

CDOC

Banned
    Images are to big, I think the file is based on the number of KB, MB and not the number of pictures. they are worried about disk space usage.

Photobucket isn’t the answer for sure. I just quit uploading photos that I can’t grab another link to unless they are “important” because I am about out of space as well.

A video is worth a few thousand words more than a photo and until you tube tries to hold people hostage like PB did, that’s an alternative.

Jmorris,
    I am a huge fan. I am subscribed to your youtube channel.
    Please keep posting.
    You can post a single picture for 5 seconds on youtube very quickly.... with music if you like.
    This one I made with a dirty Mosin Nagant Timney trigger in seconds, and has 5k views.
    And they want to pay me.