MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
PBcastco Lee Precision

Thread: Master Caster bullet counter

Boolit Bub

Master Caster bullet counter

I got my new MC in Feb 2017and after aprox 30K bullets cast,am still in love with the machine.
    My method is to make 100 bullets,lube the rails then another 100 and lube the rails again + put a very light film of 2 stroke motor oil on top of the blocks(and I mean a VERY light film of it).That does a wonderful job of preventing lead smears on top of the blocks.
    My question is has anybody thought some kind of device that will count the number of times the handle is pulled down?It would also be nice to know haw many bullets are in that pile after I'm done.

Boolit Grand Master
    http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/41237...CABEgLqdvD_BwE

It should be easy to hook something like this up
    Don Verna

I just count the strokes while I'm pulling the handle (there's really nothing else to do) and after every 100+ bullets, I put a bullet in a small box next to the machine for that purpose. At the end of the casting session, I just count how many bullets are in that small box. Ten bullets in the box means 1,000 bullets produced, etc.

For boxing the finished product, I've got a counting scale that's accurate to THE bullet..

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    Just use a decent freight scale. I weigh everything related to casting bullets.

One pound is 7000 grains. If I Cast 48 pounds of a 130 grain bullet, that’s about 2585 boolits. (48 x 7000)/130 = 2584.61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I just cast till I have the desired volume. 30 cal ammo can, load pan 1/2 5 gal bucket etc.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Quote Originally Posted by razorfish View Post
    Just use a decent freight scale. I weigh everything related to casting bullets.

One pound is 7000 grains. If I Cast 48 pounds of a 130 grain bullet, that’s about 2585 boolits. (48 x 7000)/130 = 2584.61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't need a freight scale, I have a counting scale.........
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

I don't count them I just look at the pile of bullets if I think I have enough for me I stop or if I just want something to do I keep on casting I have not run out of bullets in 25 years now D Crockett

Boolit Bub
    Dverna,just what I was looking for.I too like many others was counting but that's what I want to get away from.And when the cell phone rings or the radio plays a good tune or wife barges in asking what I want for supper,I'd loose count.That's what the little counter will be used for;avoiding the aproximates.

Boolit Bub
    I just cast till im out of lead. Probably need to get more lead if i can do that.

ADMIN

The master caster panels that I currently build to automate them have counters built in.

Look on eBay
    Found this by searching ‘counter’

The sensor bracket can be bolted to the handle stop setscrew and turned so you read the frame or something
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.