Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Transporting Rifles

Boolit Master

Transporting Rifles

A few months ago, maybe as few as 3, there was a thread that mentioned a molded case for transporting rifles. It may have been more universal than just rifles but, as I recall, it could easily be set up for rifles. It also had wheels for easy movement. I thought I had bookmarked the thread or the manufacturer but can't seem to find it. I really need to pare down my bookmarks.

I have thought about building a rifle case for the pickup, but not sure of my woodworking ability and the case I'm thinking of wasn't terrifically expensive.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Pelican or Starlight gun cases.

Moderator Emeritus

Boolit Master
    Plano cases are really hard to beat for the money. Black Friday sales are the best time to buy them on line. I have made wooden cases in the old days before blow molded and wouldn't considerate these days, plus they aren't as durable on hard knocks as blow molded. The purchase price of foam alone is cost prohibitive.

Boolit Master
    Pelican cases are pretty much indestructible, I've a rifle and pistol case made by them excellent quality down side some what expensive and heavy. Wish they made one long enough for my Sharps with a 34" barrel.

Boolit Master

I would go with Pelican, you would have to look long and hard to find it's equal.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    I have a Boyt 2 gun. Heavy, but good quality. Has nice handles and wheels. A little too long to fit in the trunk of my current car, but I have long barrels. They have shorter models, though. It was not cheap, but is a good value.

Boolit Master

I have used a case like this for over 15 years has been in the back of a lot of pickups and a few airplanes even a house fire https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...ategory=425609
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master

For knock around every day cases I like the plano air glide models. They habve several advantages for my BPCR rifles and especially the scoped ones. The rifle sits in pads upright and 2 Velcro straps hold it in one over the buttstock and one the barrel. the rifle only touches s foam blocks. I cover mine in felt. The rifle and scope touch nothing and sit scope up. They offer a lot of protection for a reasonable amount of money.

Might not be what you're looking for, but for a soft case, I like American mountain supply cases. http://www.americanmountainsupply.com/ I have one for my win 94, its hard to find a short case. Very well made.