This is a warning of what not to do!!
DO NOT TRY TO REPLICATE ISSUE- I will not send you a new pan or warrantee the Shot Maker if this happens!! Yes I can tell when I see the pan what happened ...

The "operator" in question just would not listen to our advice and the following happened to their pan/ Shot Maker, believing that he had more experience, because of the years of working for big name 'ammo' and jacketed bullets Co.s was the main problem.

Out standard Aluminum pan is a good part and I have never seen or heard of this until this issue came up-
They/ he will not get a free replacement due to the way they use the machine.

If you plan to use a feeder pot: you must turn down the heat on the shot maker, so a switch has to be added , he chose not to do that. 1st fail

Next if using said feeder pot the molten metal must come out of the feeder pot at just above melt point. They did not do that!! 2nd fail

The stream of molten metal was being dropped from a couple inches up above the rear of the pan. It has to be as close to the pan as you can get it, and I would have a added a 'mainfold' to fan the stream over the full width of the rear of pan. 3rd fail

IF you are going to drop the stream of Molten product in a constant stream hour upon hour it will best to spread that stream out over the entire rear of pan , NOT all in on spot all day long as hot as you can ….this happened in a short time : a few hour pounds. I am surprised it lasted that long to be honest.

result: pan got to hot. 1 the stream on liquid metal bore a hold into the pan 2 and the element then failed due to the molten metal getting on the element and then into the wires 3…

Machine ruined!!

We had to "pull out" of them what had transpired- they did not want to really tell us, when I heard all this I asked why they would do that? and if any one had read the instructions?
Surprise….the head guy did not have any bullet casting experience at all!!! NONE- the person in charge making decision about the use of the Shot maker never cast!!?? And would not take advice….?

After using the example of water dropping out of a down spout, at hight speed in a concentrated location and the effect it has on the GROUND when it pounds in one spot all day long it 'HIT' them ( him actually) . They blew out the pan ( eroded) and over heated it making it weak/ soft !!! simple !!

DON'T do this!!!

AND the reason I bring it up ?? questions came up recently about using feeder pots?? I try to discourage this with new shot makers or folks that have little or no time making cast lead bulltes/ slugs….